IG as Allies

Spartans

Just wondering if I could take a pure GK army (just Grey Knights) and take along a couple of Leman Russ' as allies or do I need an Inquisitor and if so and I put one in can I just take IG armour or do I need troops.

Reason for asking is looking at whether I can get some ordanance tanks in there somehow.

Thanks for your help in advance.

The only units in the DH codex that Inquiisitors are required for "unlocking" are Death Cult Assassins and Officio Assassinorum operatives. A DH army may always induct Guardsmen, with or without an Inquisitor. (Provided you aren't also inducting Space Marines, of course....)

If you ask me, the problem you're getting at is that ISTs are pathetic.

The DH army really needs some kind of "junior" acolyte troops unit with a cost & statline similar to scouts.

Then give them some kind of quirky fluff-based rule that restricts some aspect,

(such as requiring each one be attached to a GK troop squad, or

"must always charge closest enemy", or "Can't carry a gun", or "Shotguns only").

Maybe call them "Squires".

Must be deployed within 12" of their "owning" GK squad, and may only charge with their "owning" squad.

I love units that create "hierarchy" within an army.

Cool thansk number6, and it is a shame about no SM as that would make an awesome army

Heh. A lot of people would be made very happy to be able to field both Marines and Guard in the same 40K (non-Apocalypse) army.

@Charred: I've had similar thoughts myself, but it never led me to such an interesting conclusion.

I really hope GW has been paying attention to this forum over the last several months. The sheer quantity of ideas worth mining....

Noooo, leave the IST alone...

... who needs most love, the list would go something like this:

#1 ... the IST

I don't understand what you are trying to say:

"Leave the IST alone"... "change the IST first priority"

(How do we do both?)

Maybe you thought that I wanted ISTs to become squires.

I did not intend to imply to change the IST.

The only thing I'd do for ISTs is lower points cost.

Maybe grant Heavy Weapon every 10 models,

and maybe free frags/kraks/infiltrate/DS.

And give the Smurfs more options.

Yeah, that MUST be what I meant.

It was suggestead that squires be put in as an additional unit choice, and then you gave this resposne.

Sorry, but I don't care about squires.

Or any other fan units for that matter.

How else do you expect your statements to be taken?

There is no problem, sinner.

Just questions and constructive speculation about what your somewhat cryptic comments might mean.

If you'd like your thoughts to be understood and discussed, feel free to clarify yourself, unless you

were simply being sarcastic, acerbic, or issuing veiled insults, all of which are unwelcome, obviously.

unless you

were simply being sarcastic, acerbic, or issuing veiled insults, all of which are unwelcome, obviously.

If you're really suspecting something like that then there is a problem.

I already said that if you didn't get it, there is not point explaining it. Just carry on.

I don't like wasting time on pointless things. Like what this thread is becoming by getting off topic.

Gentlemen,

I don't understand why we are wasting precious posting space and reader time on a meta-squabble. One of the cardinal rules of netiquette -- and the B&C, for that matter -- is to post on-topic or not at all. Productively contribute to the topic at hand, or say nothing. Ignore -- as in, do not respond to -- anything else.

Feel provoked? Fine, report it. But do not post about it.

I had hoped this topic would swing back around. Sadly, I am now forced to put it out of its misery.

gallery_26_548_17134.jpg

Archived