Model of Ravenor

Pig Of Sparta

Hi guys, been rereading my ravenor books and thought it'd be cool to make a model of him in his support chair... does anyone know if anyone's done this before?

i was thinking of using the hull of a sentinel for the main part of the chair and building from there. what do you think?

Me thinks the reason no-one comments is that your idea is off.

I don't know about anyone else but when I read Ravenor I envisioned a pristine and mirrored shaped rounded and smooth. Hidden panels would deploy the psycannons inside.

I just don't see any kind of sentinel based thing looking anywhere near right. Too box like. This could just be me though....

Sorry if I seem mean I was just being honest.

=]D[=

Based on what I read in Ravenor et al, a Ravenor mini would just be a semispherical dome, maybe with panels. Unfortunately, not that exciting as minis go. Tau Drones might be a way to start with a project like this. Hmmm...

[goes searching for Tau Drone parts]

i can see what you guys are saying about it not being that interesting enough, but i'd have to add anti grav plates and data port covers and tons of other stuff, it wouldn't just be a plain sentinel hull.

I don't think people are saying your modded Sentinel is a bad modeling idea, they're saying it doesn't match the descriptions of Ravenor in his chair we get in the Ravenor books - which again, is basically a fuzzy sphere of force hovering off the ground (if memory serves, it has been forever since I read those). Your idea could look cool, but it might not really make people think "Ravenor" when they see it.

Although the "Ravenor in a chair" idea sounds tempting, I agree that it will not be much of an eye catcher on the tabe.

Why not build a "Ravenor before the atrocity incident"?

I think the way you can make the most of it is also to build some very individual/scratch-built members of his staff and play them for fun rather than competition.

Post some pictures along the way. I am very curious?

There is also the problem of how to represent him game wise. In the novels he is a pre-eminent psyker, and the DH rules for Inquisitors psychic powers are pretty weak, and not really close to what he does in any case. Suppose a count as SM Librarian would be a better representation, maybe.

Perhaps a Hereticus Inquisitor with some of the mind attacking morale affecting powers may work instead?

Well seeing that he IS toting psycannons, why not just have him as an inquisitor with a psycannon? Powers wise, he could be defensive and use the null zone power...

Anyways, a couple of years ago (when I first read ravenor), I did have an urge to draw him out, for the fun of it...

http://scuzworks.com/SL40K/ART/ravenor.jpg

I always thought the ravenor chair was a wedge? not a sphere or semi-sphere. It's been a while since I read the books though so I could very well be mistaken, but for some reason I seem to remember it repeatedly referred to as a wedge.

I always thought the ravenor chair was a wedge? not a sphere or semi-sphere. It's been a while since I read the books though so I could very well be mistaken, but for some reason I seem to remember it repeatedly referred to as a wedge.

this is why i thought of using the sentinel. although obviously the chair is custom made it'd have to use existing imperial technology and components and from the descriptions in ravenor returned i got the same impression as you Narthecium. Also the boy Zael keeps calling him 'the chair' so it must look chair-ish.

Archived