what Heavy Support do you use?

40kChrista

I'm playing a game tonight, 1500 points vs a crisis suit Tau army. I'm thinking of running three obliterators and two havoc squads, 2 lascannons, two missile launchers and four heavy bolters, does that sound a bit too much?

Doesn't sound too bad at all.

Not to gear up just for Tau, but I think the Autocannon is a great weapon against Tau, strong enough to actually kill their transports and negate armor saves, basically a cross between Heavy Bolters and Missile Launchers. You could probably save some points by downgrading the LasCannons to AutoCannons as you have the Obliterators. I'd definately consider deepstriking the Obliterators if your opponent really has that many Crisis Suits. Get close enough to use a TL Meltagun (to make sure you hit) and should be insta-frying some Suits. Just ask which suits have the Inv. Save Drone and use TL Plasmaguns on them.

Thanks for the reply, I ended up playing Ultramarines instead last night. Sadly the heavy bolters failed to kill a single marine, and my obliterators and havocs couldn't stop a vindicator from going on a rampage - it had to be my worst lot of dice rolls in years. ;)

Archived