Equipping a pred

Side mount it on the left hand side of the turret.

You'll need to carve an indent in the turret (and some plastic card 'magic' ) to allow you to fix it at 90 degrees from the vertical, to see what I'm trying to describe look for images of the Bradley AFV. You may also need to shave two of the tubes off from the havok launcher so it doesn't overwelm the Preditor turret in size (modded side of the launcher facing down toward the top deck of the pred to hide any uglyness).

Seen one done like this and it looked very nice :)

I'd say scrap the original mounting, and convert something from Strips of plasti card, on top of the hatch seems bad as it restricts access, on the hull restricts turret rotation, and anywhere else seems weird, why not try to make something like the Sherman Calliope

http://www.secondworldwarhistory.com/imgs/m4_shermand.jpg

http://www.airfix.com/_assets/images/A02334_1.jpg

that way you can plonk it on the top of the turret, but not blocking the hatch

A few alternatives,

1. You can build a housing for it, using plasticard and mount it in the hull (front).

2. Make the launcher's base smaller/different and place it on the back of the turret, facing in an upwards angle.

3. Have a CSM with a rocket launcher pop out of the turret.

Co-Axial style mounting? A few of the tubes on the front of the turret would look good. Or.. you could have each tube pointing out of the turret in a different direction like the chaos star (when viewed from above). Erm, i think the best bet would be to have 3 tubes mounted on either side of the turret with two directly mounter and one sitting on top of them like a triangle.

Al

Yup, looks very good :D

Looks like you've removed the original bracket thingy to cut down on the size. So how didi you affix it to the side of the turret?

...and are you going to add some 'spikey bits' to make it more chaos looking?

Yeah I had to cut away quite a lot, but luckily before just making a hole into the hull it fitted.

The turret is angular on the side and I had to cut it so it is a vague straight line.

And now comes the real fun part, adding the spiky bits and chaos symbols and every evil sign I remember.

I will post pictures of the finished pred, however this will take some time, Im very slow and there is some stuff to do before...

Archived