Vanguard

Marius Perdo

I like what you've done with these guys. Also, I want to do the same thing with my Relic Blade. I'm assuming you've used the Company Champion sword from the Command Squad box set?

If so, how have you achieved the two-handed stance? Did you use a boltgun arm?

Cheers,

WW

@ Alkana

The claws are from Shrike, I need to use some guitar wire as power cables to finish them off. Now, I know using Shrike to do that seems insane but there is a story there. Before the plastic terminators came out I wanted to convert Lysander into a paired lightning claw Blood Angel Captain. However I never did it in time, then the palstics came out and worked better, especially with the Forge World Blood Angel terminator shoulder pads.

So that is why I had them lying about. The metal veteran paired ones work just as well though, and I have five pairs of those. I have clipped some off below the shoulders in preparation for the second combat squad. I quite like him, but when I showed him to my mate's wife she said he looked like the Mole Man from the end of The Incredibles ;)

The relic blade weilding sergeant is made from assault plastic legs (positioned to have the toes touch to appear to be walking/striding forwards), Forge World Red Scorpion Veteran Sergeant Haas (chest, mark IV helm, right shoulder with the scorpion removed from the iron halo and a small Iron Skull added in plastic by having carefully cut it off from a boltgun, another one on the "knee" as well so to speak), the company champion plastic sword, the classical leather kilt from the commander box, a melta bomb from the assault squad box, skull on the base from the free palstic terminator from White Dwarf 344, and a pair of bolt gun holding arms with the left one repositioned 90 degrees to the right. It still needed some green stuff sculpting though, and the right hand above left hand looks odd on close inspection, and the left arm is a little bit too long.

@ Wraithwing

Hope I answered your question when responding to Alkana.

@ Sons of Horus

Nope, not a chain axe. It is a plastic chaos double edged chainsword though, slightly converted. I got the idea from the White Dwarf subscription in a box mark VI veteran with boltgun and chainsword. I liked the idea for back swings and the ease with which heads could be collected ;) I noted that in my new vanguard five man metal box a similar sort of sword is being carried by a plasma pistolier, so even GW are doing it now with the new miniatures :lol:

Archived