Cloak of St. Aspira and Spirit of the Martyr

Panzerkopf

Does a model with Cloak of St. Aspira get a 2+ invulnerable save when it uses the Sprit of the Martyr Faith Act?

When a model is equipped with the Cloak of St. Aspira, it gains +1 to it's armor save. So a Canoness with a 3+ save will gain a 2+.

However, Spirit of the Martyr will grant the model/unit using it an invulnerable save equal to its UNMODIFIED armor save. The way I've been playing it, the Canoness with a Cloak has her armor save modified by that wargear item and therefore would only get a 3+ invul from SotM. However, I recently played a guy who told me that when it says "unmodified" in SotM's entry, it was referring to the way wargear items like the old Ork Choppa could decrease an armor save. Thus a Caononess with a Cloak would get a 2+ invulnerable save!

Am I right, or have I been cheating myself?

Spirit of the Martyr will grant the model/unit using it an invulnerable save equal to its UNMODIFIED armor save.
This is incorrect, read your Codex again. The word "Unmodified" is not in the description of the Faith Power. The Reference Sheet at the end further simplifies the use of the power as well.

Archived