Easy Razorback with Twin-linked Assault Cannons

Marius Perdo

Okay, this is NOT the way I am going to do it as I need my metal Crusader assault cannons for my Crusader, oddly enough ;) I imagine the same effect is doable with the plastic assault cannons with the Redeemer.

The Razorback is an old one for my Blood Angels, I shall be smashing the front glacis plate and tearing off the side doors, thus offending the vehicle's Machine Spirit :)

gallery_27755_2641_1023807.jpg

Another angle...

gallery_27755_2641_1221854.jpg

I'll be posting how to do it the hard way when I finish doing it. Basically it uses the standard plastic heavy bolters fronted with the original Baal Predator metal assault cannons.

@ Paladin7221

No, you've actually been quite polite, which is refreshing :D The thing is if I put them all in one thread the images will get too much for some peoples connections to download, no matter how much I reduce them (they already do for one or two, I have no problems at all as it loads in a flash). They also get somewhat fractured.

However if I keep them seperate it looks like I am a mad spammer, which I'm not. Back at work tomorrow so the output will drop off anyway, so it is a bit of a moot point anyway.

All I have discovered is everyone has an opinion on this, and they are usually different, and I have followed the guidance on hosting and posting as far as I can see (although I do agree they could do with cropping which I will sort out).

Sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't to be honest :( I'll write to the moderators for their stance/guidance on how I should handle it rather than having potentially interesting discussions start on the forums, as the point is to share ideas about miniatures, and disagreements would just detract from that, which would be a shame. It is their boards and their rules, in the end it is their say :HQ: I'll leave it until I get an idea on what they would prefer, and then amend anything they would like me to. Can't say fairer than that mate :)

Yes I noticed in other places you've asked for the mods views on your posts... but anyhew... back to spammy death...

I'd love to make a few of these... but im not sure if there will be any point, you see im a Dark Angels player and it looks like DA will NOT be graced with a FAQ when the new SM Dex comes out next week.

you could just keep the heavy bolters as is, but bore out the muzzle. then make an assault cannon barrels out of plastic dowels, straws, coffee stirrers, etc. then just have a central dowel that can plug into the bored-out heavy bolters. it's a limited hassle, and you don't have to butcher existing models.

Archived