Red Corsairs Question

Lazarus Vespers

Is it unfluffy to have Khorne Berzerkers and Plague marines in a Corsairs army?

Here's What I have as far as models, Any advice on what to do or where to go with this would be greatly appreciated.

HQ:

Huron Blackheart

Termie Lord

Daemon Prince(NUrgle)

Lord with Power Armor

Sorcerer with Power Armor

Khârn

Elite:

5 Termies

Troops:

20 Chaos Space Marines

14 Plague Marines

16 Berzerkers

1 Rhino

Fast:

4 Bikers

Heavy:

Land Raider

Predator

Vindicator

2 Obliterators

Should I just start my own war band and lose the special characters? Termie lord of Khorne Daemone Prince of Nugle led war band? any thoughts welcome

I think you could use a few more rhinos for your troops. Raptors are good fast attack squads. If you like bikers than a few more couldn't hurt, though they are heavier on points. You could probably get away with using 1 of your HQ in most games. Good mix of troop choices. Havocs would be nice heavy too have, as your vindicator and landraider would be bullet magnets, allowing havocs some breathing room, to do some damage. Think about getting some lesser daemons or even spawn that can tie up opponent and allow even more flexibility. Adjust the unit types, based on the race you battle.

The Red Corsairs are a pirate chapter somewhere around 200 members. As per the lexicanum they are said to recruit 'traitor captives' to rebuild Huron's army. So ultimately the goal of your chapter is to refuel, refit, and raid until the chapter is back to regular fighting strength. Seeing as how the chapter is both chaos and harboring traitors there is no reason to disallow the recruitment of fellow fallen legion members. Marines are marines and Huron could use every marine he can get. Go for it!

To follow in the steps of a pirate-oriented chapter it is suggested your marines have some form of transport for quick raids. Raptors would also be handy and reasonable considering their abilities. As much as I hate to even suggest it, think of the Red Corsairs as a fighting force with 'similar' organisation to the Dark Eldar, light fast vehicles to carry troops into lightning raids in search of converts and traitors. Naturally there would be the afformentioned Raptors and perhaps Chosen marines to represent operatives that have been deployed months in advance to setup the rendezvous with traitors or to coordinate strikes with traitors ect.

Considering the chapters size I suggest you lean away from any special characters aside from Huron. However, if you want to use them then by all means, nobody is stopping you. :huh: Landraiders might be a bit over the top unless they are from an allied traitor chapter/ legion. Of course don't let my interpretation of the fluff ruin your chapter's flavor.

The Red Corsairs are a piecemeal force. Huron is only looking to increase his powerbase and would welcome any force willing to bolster his ranks as long as their loyality was given over to him. I do not think that it matters what diety they worship as long as it furthers Huron's designs. I would have to agree that there is not much room for other special characters to be allowed, maybe Fabious Bile, as this would challenge Huron's position. Chaos is Chaos and you can go in any direcxtion you want. Be creative and have a jolly good time terrorizing the galaxy.

I use Berzerkers in my Red Corsairs force as the story Into the Maelstrom mentions a portion of Huron's ship for his Khornate followers. I just wouldn't use cult troops in excess. You have a good mix of models but i would get a few more rhinos and possibly some raptors.

Good luck raiding, Corsair

Thanks Guys. I was thinking along the same lines on pretty much everything you all said so it's nice to have it echoed back. Khârn and a lot of my other unit choices are throw backs to when I first started playing at the begining of 4th.then I stoped playing for awhile and am now doing a mass re-paint. I thought the Red Corsairs would be the best way to represent on the Battlefield (my main adversary already having a Black Legion army helped too).

So Raptors it is and definitely more Rhino's. The afore mentioned adversary is mainly a Space Wolf player so I also want to add a squad of Traitor Wolfs. A little psychological warfare never hurts.

I am working on my Red Corsairs Army right now, and I see it as everyone else here has explained.

I have three rhinos, one carrying Khornites. I also have Raptors and Bikes available.

The question I had was if it was "fluffy" to use a couple of Oblits, (I have a Pred and Vindi set up too.)

I view it as a fast raider type force, and try to keep it very mobile. With Huron at the lead, and a Sorcerer to back him up if need be. Not sure if I will use Chosen or possesed yet,

What are your guys idea of using Possessed in a traitor army like this.?? ;)

I don't think Huron would have any problem getting a few of his solders possessed if he thought it would give him an advantage.

But tacticly, I don't know if possessed are worth the pts.

Archived