Black Reach Captain

elijahdprophet

I don't think my skills would make the cut in a painting competition, but I enjoy doing it and figured I would get some feedback from the experts.

This is Company Captain Avon from my DIY chapter Manticore Legion.

gallery_38261_2639_1196982.jpg

gallery_38261_2639_709911.jpg

gallery_38261_2639_381324.jpg

I had never painted a SM figure before the Black Reach set came out. I am going for a mid level tabletop quality on these guys, let me know what you think. I still need to hit him with a shot of dull coat, but it has been raining all day and likely will be through the weekend.

Also, I left the banner scroll blank because I don't have a steady enough hand to paint clean letters, any advice?

EDP

I like the look of this figure. I like the way the colors react to one another, and how the sword really stands out.

I like to practice script on paper a few times before I put the brush to plastic.

Maybe a thin inner line of white on the sword to make it really crack. Othet than that, I think it is a great job

There is nothing wrong with that mini. You picked out most of the details very well. I maybe would thin your paints a little, but other than that it looks good. Avon is definitely an...interesting name for him though. :lol:

There is nothing wrong with that mini. You picked out most of the details very well. I maybe would thin your paints a little, but other than that it looks good. Avon is definitely an...interesting name for him though. :)

I was watching Blakes 7 while I was painting :-P

Thanks for the compliment!

Archived