Transport deployment

ShinyRhino

Here's a dummy question I'm trying to wrap my head around:

Let's say I have a Tactical squad for which I have purchased a Rhino transport. I know that I can deploy the squad either inside or outside of the Rhino at the beginning of the game.

However, I do not remember reading any rule that says the Rhino must be within a certain distance of the squad during deployment, correct?

So, I could deploy the tactical squad, and then plop the Rhino down across the board from them. For example, as cover for the flank of a Devastator squad. If the Devvies don't have a viable target, I can mount them up into the Rhino right away and roll out.

Possible, or not?

Thanks for your patience.

the only limitation for dedicated transports is that only the unit you bought it for may deploy (start the game) inside it. the unit may also start the game outside it of course. in the new marines codex (pg135) it states "These units do not use up any force organisation chart selections, but otherwise function as independant units"

so you can deploy them where ever you like, serperate from the parent unit; if deployed seperate from it's parent unit, it may not deploy and start the game with another unit embarked in it.

the only limitation for dedicated transports is that only the unit you bought it for may deploy (start the game) inside it. the unit may also start the game outside it of course. in the new marines codex (pg135) it states "These units do not use up any force organisation chart selections, but otherwise function as independant units"

so you can deploy them where ever you like, serperate from the parent unit; if deployed seperate from it's parent unit, it may not deploy and start the game with another unit embarked in it.

Correct. In addition you could deploy one half on the board and the other half in reserve.

Archived