Spacemarines with rhino and drop pod

DevianID

Howdy all, my friend was saying it is possible to get a 10 man squad, combat squad them, put 5 in a drop pod, and put 5 in a rhino or razorback. He said this is because the transport options for marines seperate rhinos/razorbacks from drop pods. (aka: 'A tactical squad may buy a rhino for +xx or a razorback for +yy. A squad may buy a drop pod for +zz.' The period between sentences means having a rhino/razor is seperate from having a drop pod.)

What is your take on that?

I'd tell him to keep reading his codex and go to the next page. It says under dedicated transports a unit may take a dedicated transport, which implies to me one.

But there is some ambiguity there. If someone really wanted to take lots of cheap, easily killed units then I will happily reap all the Kill Points for them. :D

Also the whole squad (all 10 models) is in the drop pod. The choice for combat squads says that combat squads are chosen when they're deployed,the drop pod rule says that a unit arriving in a drop pod may choose to split into combat squads once the drop pod lands, it doesn't say you can split the squad before it gets in the pod.

So if you choose a drop pod, all 10 of your squad (plus any IC's attached) are arriving in it.

Archived