Helpful Hints

Wolf Guard '79

I'm an old player(played 2nd and 3rd edition) but haven't played recently. I'm currently reading the 5th edtion rules and am hoping for an updated SW codex soon(FAQ's help but not too much). I play currently with friends who field Dark Angels, Guard, Nids, Chaos, and a made up chapter of Marines. Any helpful hints on conversions I should make to my army(pretty much have at least one of each item in the SW codex). Also helpful tactics when fighting those armies would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Best thing you could do would be to post your current army list. You will see the forum has a spot for this. scroll all the way up on the SW page or go back to first page and scroll all way down for link

Make sure to mention if you want to customize the list per the army you are up against that day, or if you are looking for a balanced list that will be as effective as possible against all comers.

Here is where you can find a whole lot of info on how the 5th ed rules affect the current space wolf codex. If you still have the 3rd ed. codex (where the bloodclaw is lopping some orks) then you have the most current one. Otherwise, the newest FAQ can be found on the GW website under 40k articles, gaming articles, frequently asked questions.

Otherwise, as Vrox said, I would just meander around on the threads. You will find topics relating to battles against many of the enemies on your list. Battle reports are your friends, as are the debates that are sparked in regards to the effectiveness of many of our units. 5th ed has hurt some units pretty bad (Leman Russ Exterminator) and given others a rather large boost (countercharge for our infantry). I would start with the above link and just ask any questions you may have, just be sure to try and search for the topic of question first.

Welcome to the fang!

Archived