Relentless WG & IC

WG Vrox

So I was looking to run a WP HQ with a WG in TDA. The WG would all have SS, and 2 CML...... The WP would be in plain PA with a SS, CB and have HP&B, allowing to reroll any fail saved making for a very nasty WG ranged squad. Then I read up on the Relentless rules, and came to the conclusion I need some clarification on what limitations the WG would have.

If my IC does not have TDA, Do I loose the ability to move and shoot heavy weapons, or just the ability to move, shoot have and assault, or what abilities would my HQ squad still have....

First, I'd recommend not giving your wolf priest a combi bolter (assuming that's what you meant when you said CB?) and just leave him have his power weapon.

Second, if you did leave him with his combi-bolter, there's no reason for him to have TDA since it's just a bolter that can be fired as a storm bolter once per game and it's not a heavy weapon.

Third, TDA confers Relentless to the model that has TDA, so if you have a mixed unit, the models with TDA have it, those without do not (unless they are like 1ks or something where they all have slow and purposeful or whatever, but that's straying off the topic).

The only thing your HQ won't be able to do is sweeping advance since models in TDA can't make a sweeping advance, and WGBG create a retinue with the IC so since the WGBG in TDA can't sweeping advance, neither can the IC.

I hope I answered what you asked, I'm still a little confused.

Well, yes and no.

the WP will not have TDA since I want to be able to use the HP&B and yes a SS PW would be the way to run him. Since a squad with relentless is joining a IC that does not have Relentless, does that squad loose Relentless? I ask this as a IC looses Relentless if he joins a squad w/o out it. Another example would be the sighted special rule catagory under ICs in 5th edition rule book. It stats that when a IC joins a squad that has Infiltrate that squad looses the infiltrate ability.

Well, yes and no.

the WP will not have TDA since I want to be able to use the HP&B and yes a SS PW would be the way to run him. Since a squad with relentless is joining a IC that does not have Relentless, does that squad loose Relentless? I ask this as a IC looses Relentless if he joins a squad w/o out it.

SW aren´t relentless. So why do you ask?

in the wargear section of the SM codex it states due to the powerful......., models in TA have the relentless universal special rule page 102

Ah, now i know what you mean. No, if you give your PA WP a termie retinue he loose his ability to overrun the enemy.

in the wargear section of the SM codex it states due to the powerful......., models in TA have the relentless universal special rule page 102

Ah, now i know what you mean. No, if you give your PA WP a termie retinue he loose his ability to overrun the enemy.

THATS WHAT I SAID! ;) how come you were still confused when I explained it but not when Dark B. explained it... it's because he's a rune priest isn't it... ISN"T IT!!!

you should note that not all special rules are lost when an IC joins a unit or vice versa.

Relentless isn't a squad ability, it's an ability inherent in terminator armour and so models with that armour will have that abilitiy.

be sure to check which abilities are lost and kept when IC's join units.

somehow I missed a reply, I said Rogre to you wolf98 when you said you would check your copy when you got home. not sure where that reply went.

relentless is a differnt rule than what the lose of overrunning an enemy is.

Where do you find what skills are lost and kept when joining. Like the stated example an infiltrating squad loosing that ability. It only says this as an example in the IC section.

Ok, my mistake. I´m working with the german version. Then i had translated relentless the first time right. Nowhere in the entry for the TDA is it written that the TDA makes a unit relentless. Units in TDA can move and fire heavy weapons but they lose the ability to overrun the enemy.

Normally the entry for a specific unit or IC says what skills will be lost or will be transfered. Best example is Ragnar and his Berzerker Charge or from the 4th Ed C:SM the entry in the command squad for veteran skills.

In the wargear section of the new SM codex page 102 second paragraph it states, due to the powerful....., Models in terminator armour have the relentless universal special rule.

After reading the rules a few times I am going to aggree that WG in Teminator do not loose the Relentless skill when joined by a HQ in Power Armor, nor does the HQ gain the Relentless skill.

This topic is Relentless, lol,

Archived