Pedro Kantor, my first miniaturel on B&C

Hi all this is pretty much my first post here although I have been lurking around for some time.

I've just finished my conversion for Pedro Kantor into my DIY marines army the Inceptors. (they're are in the codex as an Ultramarine second founding but no-one has ever written about them!)

I've changed his name after some very careful consideration (and much laughter) to Captain Pedro el'Nombre. (I hope people get it)

He now has lots of numbers around his base (it's actually Pi to 18 decimal places), I'm working on a display base with a number written in the sandy footsteps, and I'm still working on a removable poncho and sombrero. and I have some mexican music clips on my phone to use during his deployment.

I have'nt actually seen any other conversions, point me to them if i'm wrong, I converted because I didn't actually like the official model because he's covered in bits that all say either Kantor or are a crimson fist emblem, and my chaptor never wear robes onto the battle field and likes to have little decorative items on their armour, which is really an excuse for me to make models I cant break in the box.

I converted my own!

this guy: http://sephwigs.googlepages.com/RIMG0008.JPG

becomes Pedro: http://sephwigs.googlepages.com/RIMG0470.JPG

http://sephwigs.googlepages.com/RIMG0466.JPG

http://sephwigs.googlepages.com/RIMG0467.JPG

I chose Pedro because of his army changing stats, giving +1 attack to all my units within 12" and making sternguard scoring units is an awesome bonus.

I think his bonus's sort of form him toward leading a sternguard unit, in a rhino (maybe Razorback), heading to the frontline with the assualt marines so they can get a bonus in cc. In some situations I might use his rule to make units Stubburn too.

He fits into my play style well, I don't really have one expensive unit, I play several units that I play to their own strength's and most importantly to the enemies weaknesses. Although he will undoubtedly make for an expensive character I think of it as a good investment as he'll more than pay for himself leading the frontline to an objective and being able to hold the line when he's there too.

hope anyone can comment on my modelling, and/or what I've written about him on the board as I haven't got the new codex to check if I'm right here.

Captain

About the mold lines, I rushed the model to get it done for a competition and forgot to get them off!

I'm doing a sternguard unit to accompany him in the same colour scheme so I'll have some better backpacks to swap with his. 3

And anyway what if the line is supposed to be across his pack? I might put a coloured line accross it and find some way to add it to the fluff, make it a honour to a historical battle, just like the coloured belts of the british army regiments. although I might just model them right and shave it off!

nurglespuss the colour scheme comes from the fluff I'm writing, the 'normal' marines have ultramrines colours where the red and flames are whereas all of the first company wear the red and flames to honour their battle brothers that died in a disasterous battle with the orks in which an entire planet was bombarded with orky napalm and burned for some time until the atmosphere burned off and put out the fire. (this also hails back to early editions of the game where it was popular to set terminators on fire and have the rest of the unit try to pat him out because it was easier than shooting them.)

The problem is, in the end, (panted over or not) people will still be able to see the haphazard raised plastic that we all know and love: the mold line. Mold lines have this tendency to jump off the model and claw and bite your retinas. Best to remove them.

Archived