Modelling Wings on DP

Artemis360

For nurgle DP wings the wings on the ghost dragon/zombie dragon (whatever) from WHFB from the undead army wrks well. They wings are all decayed looking, with the wings torn and bones sticking out and stuff.

Good luck w/ your modeling and in the tourny.

I really hate seeing Nurgle daemon princes that have quite healthy looking leathery wings. Like Chillin suggests, the zombie dragon or indeed the wings of Galrauch the Father of Chaos dragons from the Warhammer FB range have a suitably decayed look, as do those of Carrion from the Tomb Kings of Khemri range. If you're feeling really creative, you might even attempt to model wings that resemble those of a fly, beetle or moth. Nurgle only knows how you'd go about doing it, though.

Around a week left until I enter a tournament with full WYSIWYG rules and I've still yet to model wings on my nurgle daemon prince. I need guidance, brothers. Any thoughts?

What tournament are you entering??

As for wings

There the plastic Dragon wing that £5

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/st...7&orignav=9

Balrog Wings, but rememeber that though there allowed on GW models (WFB/40k) there is still some issue with taken photos of models converted with LotR & will not be shown even if they win the painting award.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/st...3&orignav=9

For me I am useing Raptro Jump packs for this week UK GT for my Iron Warriors Daemon Prince. I do not give a...... about that stupit question in the FAQ. There both the same (in term of move 12 & do not add or take anything away from ture line of sight). Anyone question it, for me it simple a Daemonic Engien (sp) made by the chaos smiths or somthing like that.

Also use them because of storage/travel around the dragon wing though ubber cool are just a bit headace for me & would cause more damnge than good.

But again Dragon wing would be way to go if your alright with travel, etc...

IP

In fact I read once the DP mini was made with almost exact proportions to convert the "chimneys" into wings using the dragon plastic ones...

I'd say go with 'em and if you feel capable lightly heat (or burn) 'em to "decay" 'em.

If you're feeling really creative, you might even attempt to model wings that resemble those of a fly, beetle or moth. Nurgle only knows how you'd go about doing it, though.

This sounds like a really interesting idea. The dragon wings sound good too but I live outside of the UK and I can't get them in time. Anyway, whatever happens, I'll post pictures of whatever I come up with. Thanks all.

If you're feeling really creative, you might even attempt to model wings that resemble those of a fly, beetle or moth. Nurgle only knows how you'd go about doing it, though.

This sounds like a really interesting idea. The dragon wings sound good too but I live outside of the UK and I can't get them in time. Anyway, whatever happens, I'll post pictures of whatever I come up with. Thanks all.

I read a tutorial - for the life of me I can't remember if it was on this board or elsewhere - that suggested using PVA glue on large leaves (anything with waxy leaves large enough to be the wing of your choice.) When the glue dries, it's pretty easy to peel off the pva glue in a sheet. Cut down the center vein, and the remaining veins will give a kind of creepy wing like appearance. After that, a little wire and green stuff and voila - fly wings.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looked stupidly easy.

Cheers

Widowmaker

I saw that tutorial too!

and yes it did look rather easy.

I had the same problem. I looked everywhere but i just couldn't anything in time.

So....

I had some old whirlwind launchers and i modeled myself a monstrous jumpack!

I didn't completely finish them in time but they were done to a decent standard after only a couple of evenings modelling.

If you have anything like that lying around i suggest you give it a go.

Cheers,

Azadul

Here is a picture of the Daemon Prince that a friend of mine and I converted with Wings. Sorry that the picture isn't the greatest to see the wings themselves, but You can get the idea.

We really didn't feel that dragon wings were necessarily the right size, and I really wanted him to still have the remains of the marine backpack so we drilled into the back and made them come out at the shoulder blades

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5716/daemonprince1bf5.jpg

The Wings come from the "Be'Lakor, The Dark Master" Figure in Warhammer fantasy... with the new bits catalog online i am not sure if you can still get them though.

Archived