Drop Pod WIP

muzzyman1981

So far I have basecoated it in black and got much of the base color painted on the stabs, ramps, and base. My next priority is to get the inards of the first step done, mainly some instrument panels and then will come the metallic hinges and inside of the ramps. I plan to dry brush black back over the base for char but I thought it would be more realistic if the base was already painted at least on the sides as they would not be completely charred like the bottom.

All the stuff I've got painted so far

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/muzzyman1981/Picture192.jpg

Very crudely put together and closed

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/muzzyman1981/Picture191.jpg

Only two ramps open so You can see how much room is inside (pending electrical innards to be installed)

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/muzzyman1981/Picture190.jpg

Fully open with two models for scale

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/muzzyman1981/Picture188.jpg

Really nice work there muzzy. The parts meant to be painted the shadow grey (or are you using fenris grey, hard to tell) are painted perfectly and it seems you covered the areas without any, hard to tell in the pictures, brush strokes.

I would really suggest (if you weren't already) to use magnets on the doors, it's something that you'll appreciate after simple usage that the doors will give out more often, even if some now seem really sturdy. :tu:

Are you going to put on some pelts or chains or anything? I can imagine some giant runes here and there on the doors would be really sweet and help you cover the areas more if you do have brush strokes showing (I find myself having some showing and painting big runes helps this problem a lot).

Can't wait to see it fully done, and DAMN you work fast! :)

Actually I worked on it about 5 hours last night and about 3 hours today. I prefer the paint before assemble, easier to get things painted without accidently getting paint over everything else, especially on troops and whatnot the details are easier to do when you have the space to get to them.

Lol yeah if you had them in your hands you would see the brush strokes but only if you were really looking at the paint job rather than glancing at it...basically I use the light when the paint is wet and I can see where the lines are and smooth them out so I keep the stroke lines and imperfections to a minimum.

Runes, pelts, etc will definately be on there just want to get the big stuff done first.

Where would I put the magnets? I'm waiting to see how everything will fit together when I start getting more stuff on the model.

Very true....I havent used any magnets yet but I want to, just gatta find places to get them. I can find them online but I want that to be a backup option if I can't find them in town.

Not sure how it is in Louisianna, but here it's no where to be found, so I resorted to K&J magnetics and I've always gotten from them, great selection and quick shipping.

If you do find them in town though then that is probably the best option, the way shipping is you pay so much unless you buy bulk. -_-

Make sure the magnets are neodynium (rare earth magnets)

LOL I am just getting the big colors done first, then details....it's too tough on me to try and jump between big paint jobs (ramps, stabs, etc) then details constantly =P Besides from today on my priority is my Blood Claws and WGBL + WGBG to fill out my 1000pts.

I only did details on the center control panel cause I was really getting tired of the big stuff and was "slowing" down a bit on my painting for the day.

Archived