An Insult revenged

Dark Bjoern

Some month ago an Elder player at my local GW store insulted us SW. He meant that we will smell like wet dogs if we came into a rain shower. All the time he was able to escape my righteous fury but today he had run out of luck. My GC showed him what it means to anger a SW. It was a 1500 points Take and Hold mission. I humbled him three times on the field of honour.

1. I took three of the four mission objects

2. I smashed his army completly. Not a single of his Space Pixies escaped alive.

3. I lost only 119 points.

I used my approved list (modified with the vehicle cost from the new C:SM)

Rune Priest: Frost Blade, Runic Charm, Rune Staff, Wolf Pelt

Ven Dread: AC, DCCW, HF, EA

Dread: AC, DCCW, HF

Dread: TLLC, ML

Dread: TLLC, ML

6 GH: Bolter, Meltagun, PW, PF, Frags, Razorback: TLHB

6 GH: Bolter, Meltagun, PW, PF, Frags, Wolf Totem (i used it like ever cause i had forgotten that it´s counterpart was no longer included in the C:SM), Razorback: TLLC

9 BC: Flamer, PW, PF, Rhino

Land Speeder Tornado: AC, MM

Land Speeder: HB

He used a list that i had never seen befor used by him. To be honest i was a littlebit disappointed by it.

Rune Prophet

Autarch with Swooping Hawks wings

2x5 Pathfinders

2x5 Dark Reapers

10 Dire Avangers with Excarch

10 Banshees with Excarch

6 (?) Swooping Hawks

At the end of the fifth round his whole army was annihilated. There´re no highlights to report. I crippled one squad after an other. Cause of his army choises he had not been able to start a coordinated assault. Normally he used an Avatar, a Phantom Lord and at least one Falcon.

As an eldar player I think he was trying to cheese... and it didnt work. He probly set those dark reapers up in the back hoping to take out a whole squad of marines a turn, the snipers to slow you down and use a 2+ cover save to keep them alive... what he thought hed do with that autarch I have no idea, not in that list anyways. *sighs*.

Well done.... eldar always suffer when they try to take cheese lists... make them pay for it every time.

well fought my good friend! you honor Russ and the FANG with your victory! the might of Krom Dragongaze's Great Company will be felt by those foolish enough to insult the wolves of Fenris. An ale for you and your great company :HQ:

The Rune Prophet was attached to the Banshees and the Autarch to the Swooping Hawks. I don´t think that it was a cheesy list, it was a stupid list. He knows that i play a mechanized army. I think with a Wrath Lord and an Avatar he would had have more success. Ok, not that he would even then had have a chance to win.

Archived