Question on two units in the new Dex

Toogeloo

Terminator armor entry of the book says models can Deep Strike into play but they are too large to fit into Rhinos and Razorbacks. It doesn't specify that they cannot get into a Drop Pod. My question on this unit is, if I wanted to attach a Chapter Master not in Termie armor to the squad, can they ride down in a Drop Pod even though the only Transport mentioned in the Terminator section is a Land Raider? Or is the only way to field an IC with the Termies is to start them on the table together?

For Legion of the Damned, it says they always Deep Strike. Is it possible to stick any IC with these units if they don't have deep strike potential (again in like a Drop Pod), or does the IC have to wait til the LotD get on the board and then join up?

Both the Termies and the Legion seem to have some pretty interesting possibilities if you have IC's attached to them, but I'm not sure if you can always get it the way you want with them.

1. You can't buy a drop pod for terminators.

2. You CAN attach a character to a unit before the game starts and have them arive on the same reserve roll / deep strike. However, some special rules (like heroic intervention) are lost when a charachter is attached.

You can only buy a drop pod for a unit that has it listed in their entry and the captain (and any other of the space marine characters for that matter) doesn't.

If he did, the drop pod is a dedicated transport and dedicated transports can only start the game loaded up with the unit that purchased them plus any independent characters. Not the other way around.

By the way I just noticed the relentless rule that comes with slow and purposeful for the Damned. Deep striking, moving, and firing heavy weapons are going to be so much fun.

Archived