wolf heads

Olmstedtr

I know that this doesn't directly answer your question but im assuming that you would like another wolf head. I have been trying to maximise the use of the wolfy parts on the plastic frame and have been using green stuff to make moulds of the objects. You can't make a complete copy of the object but can generally get most of the detail and recreate the remaining areas with green stuff (if you rate your gs skills) or cover the remaining areas with other accessories... I know its not exactly what you wanted but it does provide an option apart from decapitating another wolf priest model.

The wolf skull that comes with logan is different proportions to the helm worn by the wolf priest so it might look a bit out of place, but im sure u could work with it to get a pleasing result.

ok so let me get this straight.... i need to get some green stuff and put it around the face of my wolf priest (make sure the head is wet so it doesnt stick)

nvm i think i know what you mean though. ill try it

ok so heres what i did.

i got a cup of water and wetted everything. i then took ample amounts of grey and brown stuff. i then took half and pressed it on the right side. i then peeled it off making sure not to stretch it and repeated on the left side. right now im waiting for it to dry. hopefully if i understand correctly i can place some green stuff in there and it should mold correctly.

yes?

ok so let me get this straight.... i need to get some green stuff and put it around the face of my wolf priest (make sure the head is wet so it doesnt stick)

nvm i think i know what you mean though. ill try it.

Best Way is Vasoline to keep it from sticking. This way it'll fill the gaps and stay in the raised parts a lot better. Also water will just dry up. :)

I use vasoline myself for this. I would recomend leaving the green stuff on the model for quite a while until it has hardened a bit more as it can distort when you remove it. Thats why i use the vasoline because it tends to last longer and prevent sticking, sometimes the water dries out. Hope it works reasonably well for u, remember that if the mold doesn't take a perfect impression it can still give you a really good base to work off and as you are making the new skull in gs as well you can touch it up fairly easily.

** A note with the vasoline, to minimise obscured detail in features such as the sockets and stuff you can attempt to thin the vasoline by blowing on it gently, although it does need to be fairly warm for this to have an effect. But thickness should not be an issue if you apply it sparingly and spread it across the surface with and old paintbrush or something. You will also need to press down quite firmly (within reason) to maximise the adaptation of the gs to the model.

I hope this is helpful and not sending you crazy :D

ok after letting the molds dry over night i then applied some green stuff and one of the sides turned out great. the right side just didnt have the detail i wanted. so im redoing that side and tomorrow we should see how it looks

Sounds good! Would love to see some pics when you have the time. I have yet to do a small detail such as a helmet. The smallest that I've done this way was making frost axe weaponry with spears.

I might have to do this for my TDA or Bike conversion I'm still working on if all goes well for you. You're like my personal guinea pig. ;)

oh joy more and more pressure. some slight problems i have noticed is detail is definetly not great nor could it be described as an exact replica of the head. i have made two left halves and am waiting for the right mold to finish hardening.

btw olmstedtr=the betrayed spacewolf

problem it appears that the right side of the mold produces what appears to be a left version...

anyone able to explain this problem and possible solutions that or i used the wrong mold like a git.

damn it i lost the right mold. i made a duplicate of the left... so fing stupid.

despite early setbacks right mold is made with accepted detail. wait for drying i now am in the possession of the adequate left face halves as well as 2 molds of the left face with different standards of detail

Archived