New Codex & deep striking

Dhagmar

I certainly hope I'm just confused on this, but I can't find anywhere in the new codex that explicitly states Terminators or Assault Squads are allowed to deep strike.

Land speeders still have the Deep Strike special rule, but it doesn't seem like any other unit (aside from drop pods) retain Deep Strike.

Would someone be kind enough to quote me the page where I'm missing it?

On another note does the codex cover taking allies? I didn't notice anything about taking DH or WH as allies anymore.

The rule for allies are found in the DH and WH codexs and as far as I know haven't changed

As a quick question slightly off topic but nemind, do drop pods still have that rule saying they can't be destroyed when deep striking if they accidentally scatter into impassable terrain? When they are just moved out of the way of it by the shortest distance possbile like in the 4th edition codex?

Terminator Armour = p102

Jump Pack = p100

Ah. A little indirect, but it's still in. Thankee.

I wonder why they went that route and didn't just put it in the unit's special rules, hrmmm.......

Because there is more than one unit with access to that gear. Thus an IC with jump pack or termie armour need only refer to the wargear section to see that they may deepstrike. It is far more elegant like this and avoids duplication.

Because there is more than one unit with access to that gear. Thus an IC with jump pack or termie armour need only refer to the wargear section to see that they may deepstrike. It is far more elegant like this and avoids duplication.

Mind you, whilst I fully agree that is the best way, it did not stop them putting other wargear rules in the unit rules, then referencing this from the wargear section. This layout bugs me in any codex that uses it (SM and Orks I know of).

As a quick question slightly off topic but nemind, do drop pods still have that rule saying they can't be destroyed when deep striking if they accidentally scatter into impassable terrain? When they are just moved out of the way of it by the shortest distance possbile like in the 4th edition codex?

Yes they do. Same as before.

Archived