DoW deployment

Hi all, we are just playing a mission with Down of War deployment Ravenwing vs Chaos

i would deploy my HQ (Sammael) and 2 troops (full bike squadron + AB + Land Speeder) that's almost half of my army

can my opponent decide to deploy NO unit at all?

Italian rulebook can be misunderstood.

It says that the first player can deploy UP TO 1HQ and 2Troops

than it says that the second player deploys his 3 unit.

But since it's a translation can be not so accurate, can u help us?

thanx

American translation is: "His opponent then does the same in the opposite half . . ."

So your opponent can choose to deploy nothing.

Keep in mind that if your splitting your Ravenwing squad then each combat squad would count as one of your troops choices. So about the only way to legally deploy the Ravenwing squad in Dawn of War is the land speeder as one unit and all the bikes and attack bike as one big unit.

Thank you for reply with translation

but i disagree about how combat squad works for deploy

DoW says u have to deploy 2troops choice

this means 2 units that use 1 Troop slot on force organization chart

1 full squad of ravenwing (6bike 1attack bike 1 speeder) are 1 Troop choice both if u use them all togather or if u split in combact squad

comments and discussion welcomed :huh:

In DOW each unit counts for deployment, it is not the FOC. The ravenwing could deploy a 6 bike squad and the attack bike. When deploying the bikes spilt off from the attack bike and land speeder. The single troop chioce deploys as 3 or 4 units, if combat squading the bikes.

I hate to say it, but if the Italian version of the rules says that you can deploy 2 TROOP CHOICES then it is different from the English version. We play (and everyone who uses the English rulebook) play it as 2 UNITS (such as 1 Tactical Squad and ! Rhino = 2 UNITS or 2 Combat Squads = 2 UNITS), that's how we've interpreted the rules and we believe it to be correct and how it's was meant to be interpreted. :rolleyes:

funny that the guy who started at GW as a translator of Enlish to Italian would have authored the rulebook that causes such problems when translated into Italian... or is he maybe giving the Italians an edge over the rest of the world?

In DOW each unit counts for deployment, it is not the FOC. The ravenwing could deploy a 6 bike squad and the attack bike. When deploying the bikes spilt off from the attack bike and land speeder. The single troop chioce deploys as 3 or 4 units, if combat squading the bikes.

Agreed, the rulebook says units, not FOC choices.

The italian book may say something different, but I would guess that it has an example that is similar to the english version and would probably help clarify.

The diagram next to the description even talks about it in the italcised portion right under the picture. But the best part about it is it says "Up To" 2 Troops & 1 HQ. Hence, you can deploy 0 without a problem.

Archived