Beating Orks

KeithGatchalian

Wow! Didn't think of that. Your right, whirlwinds/ templates are the best answer. Especially with the 2" unit coherency.

That would mean all models in the unit would be practically touching.

At the beginning of the movement section it states units must be moved one at a time. Doesn't that makes mixing units impractical after deployment. You couldn't move forward effectively?

One would think it would be very difficult, and completely be decemated by running... Ive yet to actually see this tactic in action, but the whirlwind seems a solid choice by theoryhammer. Flamers are as good as ever... but if your that close, the waagh will get you next turn anyways.

One would think it would be very difficult, and completely be decemated by running... Ive yet to actually see this tactic in action, but the whirlwind seems a solid choice by theoryhammer. Flamers are as good as ever... but if your that close, the waagh will get you next turn anyways.

The same WAAGGH that got countered by a squad of wulfen with a wolf priest? killing all 20 before any of them knew what hit them?... oh, did I mention the wulfen squad was only 8-man strong? there were a few fenrisian wolves with the preist however... ;)

My understanding from GW (and of course that could change next month) was that the checker board formation for hordes ends up not giving any type of cover save from an inter-dispersed unit.

The way the rules are written if you are seeing 50% of a unit you do not get a cover save.

So if you do:

XXXXXX

XXXXXX

or

XOXOXOXOXO

OXOXOXOXOX

you have your troops sitting out in the open.

Of course, again, this could be over turned again depending if GW changes their mind again. The store were I play had issue with this during a RTT and 'Ard Boyz and in the future is planning on ruling against players who do that or ask the player to leave.

Either way, this makes me happy to see Whirlwinds on the table when I see that nonsense.

-Z

Well that's where the Whirlwind comes into play....you get a crack at two squads very close together with a large blast template (that many together you are bound to hit quite a few of them....makes my inner wolf howl in joy to see that many Orkies burn (it's especially funny when all those burning Orkies run into each other while on fire....=P)

Archived