Vindicators

gettothegone

But being an ordinance based tank, theres a rule in 5th that claims ordinance(barrage) cannot move and fire.

There is, BUT (capitals to make people notice) you can "move + fire" if firing with LOS to your target, and in so doing ignore the minimum range restrictions. In the BRB, don't have page reference to hand, but under Ord. Barrage headings of Vehicle Weapons.

My take is the Barrage ruling is a misprint:

1) The summary says Barrage, the text says Ordnance. There is a precedent (Guard FAQ) that states when in doubt the summary is wrong, but this may or may not be the case before, just pointing out there's a history.

2) The Demolisher has never been a Barrage weapon, ever. Doesn't make sense for the weapon designed to blow holes through walls to be Indirect - it's easier to hit the face of the wall using a Timed Charge than trying to drop a shell on top of the wall.

3) There's no minimum range stated - something *every* Indirect Fire/Barrage weapon has to date (ie, Earthshakers being G 36"-240" [G being the 3rd Ed. hangover way of classifiying the Barrage properties of the weapon] with Indirect Fire, or 120" without [i,e no minimum range expressed] - bearing in mind you can pay to upgrade Earthshakers. Check out the Whirlwind for similar minimum-range examples).

Wait.....are guess weapons just gone now?

what version have you been playing?

"guess" weapons have ben out since 4th. the "G" designator remains to allow compatibility with older codices, and as it is the existing designator for "barrage" weapons, which follow specific rules. Rules that replace the "guess" rules from earlier editions.

In 4th and 5th (now): you designate the target, place the marker, measure range (must be in range) roll scatter, resolve hit.

I believe you're thinking of ordnance barrage.

You're absolutely right. Which is what apperantly the Demolisher is labeled as in the new SM codex.

Everyone please refer to pg 80 of your shiny new codex. You will notice that the word barrage is not there.

The summary at the back of the book does have the word barrage.

I would think that the actual vehicle and weapon entry would hold more weight than a summary.

But even if it is a barrage weapon you can still move and fire if you have LOS. All barrage does is allow you to shoot over intervening terrain or models. Oh, and it adds pinning, too. So if it did get it it would only be good. But my guess is we don't.

Everyone please refer to pg 80 of your shiny new codex. You will notice that the word barrage is not there.

The summary at the back of the book does have the word barrage.

I would think that the actual vehicle and weapon entry would hold more weight than a summary.

But what if mine isn't shiny?

Thanks, I'll have to look when I get home.

G = barrage weapon, refer to Rulebook.

Rulebook (dunno if allowed to quote rules, so this post may get melta-d):

Cannot move and fire without LOS to target.

If firing with LOS (whether you've moved or not), used 2D6-Ballistic Skill.

If no LOS, use 2D6.

Archived