librarian powers question

WurrZog

In the new beakie codex (pardon my orkyness) The quickening power says it is used at the start of the assault phase. I'm all fine and dandy with this but it says the librarian gains fleet. Don't get me wrong but I thought fleet was a rule that happens in the shooting phase, so does said fleet rule apply in the next shooting phase after said powers use?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;)

Mordekiem is right, the rule that used to be fleet is now called "running", where you get to move 1d6 in the shooting phase, instead of shooting, but you can't assault that turn. All "fleet" does now is mean that if you have fleet you can "run" that extra d6, and still charge, so a libby that passes his test for quickening has a potential for an 18" charge, on foot.

Warriorofplasma

There in lies the tough decision you have to make... run d6 inches, and risk not being able to assault by failing your psychic test; or do something else. However, if you take an epistolary, you get 2 tries, as he can use 2 powers a turn.

Not really related, but it's the same sorta decision you have to make with vanguard. You have to decide ahead of time that you're going Heroic (??) Intervention before you deepstrike, which means that you won't be able to shoot or run. So, if you scatter too far away, you're stuck in a tight little ball, perfect for some plasma cannon/battle cannon/demo cannon love.

There in lies the tough decision you have to make... run d6 inches, and risk not being able to assault by failing your psychic test; or do something else. However, if you take an epistolary, you get 2 tries, as he can use 2 powers a turn.

Not really related, but it's the same sorta decision you have to make with vanguard. You have to decide ahead of time that you're going Heroic (??) Intervention before you deepstrike, which means that you won't be able to shoot or run. So, if you scatter too far away, you're stuck in a tight little ball, perfect for some plasma cannon/battle cannon/demo cannon love.

I thought you could not cast the same power twice in a turn, but after further reading I realise this is for shooting powers only. So yes, that would work. Or if you pass the first one then you can use something else.

As for vangaurd, the scatter of deepstrike is why I am not too worried about them. Unless they land next to a locater beacon. Then you need to deal with that beacon asap.

I thought you could not cast the same power twice in a turn, but after further reading I realise this is for shooting powers only. So yes, that would work. Or if you pass the first one then you can use something else.

Whether or not you get to use the same power more than once is a moot point for all the SM powers. The timing requirement of the Quickening power requires that it is used at the start of the assault phase. No matter how many powers you can use in one turn, you only get one start of the assault phase. Therefore, you can not try Quickening again if you fail it the first time.

Whether or not you get to use the same power more than once is a moot point for all the SM powers. The timing requirement of the Quickening power requires that it is used at the start of the assault phase. No matter how many powers you can use in one turn, you only get one start of the assault phase. Therefore, you can not try Quickening again if you fail it the first time.

So what if I had two librarians each with this power? Does that mean only one can cast it since after one casts it it is no longer the start of the phase?

There is no such rule that supports what you are saying.

Archived