Raptors - worth it?

Voitagi

Hi!

I consider taking a squad of 5 Raprots with 2 Melters in my 1500 Pionts Nurgle/Khorne Army for quick tank busting. I run 3 Squads 1Khorne 2Nurgle) in Rhinos so my Predator never hat a clear line of sight when i rushed towards the mission-objectives. I think these Raptors could be a solution to the Problem because of the 12" movement Range (they are quite as fast as the Rhinos and are in Range in the 2nd round. 2 Melters should quite be nice zu bust middle range tanks and transporters (i also run 3 oblits for long range shooting).

The 120 Points are worth it after the first tank and they have 15 attacks when they assault in CC, so i could bind some of the support units of the enemy in CC after the Tank hunt.

What do you think about using Raptors in that way?

Maybe adding an aspiring champ with e-weapon for some more CC Power / or an E-Fist if the Melters don't kill the Tank?

Regards

Voi

yeah they are ok for anti tank , but dont count on them surviving the hth phase with them or the whole battle . they will go down in most games . but they are cheap [not as cheap as 3 man termis ] and have a nice chance of doing something to tanks or puting one or two wounds on a unit before your zerkers charge .

They're absolutely worth it. So mobile with so many possibilities. I run them with the IoS and that gives them a real CC punch, especially when they charge. When I run my Lord with them they tear up.

They get two specials and can move, so hell yeah they're good anti-tank.

Overall I think they're awesome.

The squad of 5 w/ 2 meltas are good for anti-tank, but if you put them into hth they will not live long (unless the odds are heavily in their favor, like it's a squad not made for hth, that's 1/2 dead anyway). I wouldn't bother putting an asp champ in there unless you were going to make a full squad of 10, then you are talking about a hole different thing and a whole other pts range.

Archived