Power Armor WG

Grey Mage

Specificly does anyone ever use a powered armor BG for their wolf lords? I always see alot of talk about Termi retinues.... but nothing about PA.

No doubt this is do to the fact that it costs us all of 5 points and is the only real way to get a termi squad in our army... but still- anyone try regular ol 3+ marine armor? Ive got about 8 WG models in it, but usually use them as PL's or Wulfen.

Prob not all in PA but I have seen many people talk about a mixture. for example 9 WG 6 with SB SS and 2 with LC, 1 in TDA with CLM and WGBL in TDA with CLM. Would make for a very tough dev type squad. 4 missles 2 at BS-5, 2 LCs I am thinking it's a one shot kill to any armor. use the WG in PA with SS to take all the nasty hits.

I have them... which are usually used at WGPL and MotW. I had a grand plan for a full pack in PA to accompany my Wolf Lord in PA, all assaulting out of his Land Raider. Made the models, never fielded them. Your right, for the points, better to take TDA.

Still, I have them. Re-arming them right now, actually.

Like Omar said, I have PA ones for WGPL's, I rarely use them for WGBG since they're not as tough, and for such a small points increase I'd rather take a 2+ 5++. ^_^

The mixture is probably something we'll see more common in 5th than in 4th though, with the new mixed armor rules and such it's a lot more appealing than the older rules.

Not at the moment. But i´m working on a small unit. I plan to use five of them as a retinue for a WGBL and give them a lot of combi weapons and a Razorback.

this is one of my plans for them.

but currently i have been helping people train for 'ard boys and used a squad of 9 made mostly for CC and a wolf lord in a drop pod. not many people saw that coming and it did well. 2 SM tactical squads, 1 devastator squad, a predator, and a scout squad all ate it in one game and in other they took out roughly two platoons of guard and a LRBT.

Well, I've got every WG model they make I beleive and I never use them anymore as WG. I use them as a squad of Grey Hunters because they mostly have bolters (made these guys in 3rd, when bolters+truegrit=awesome). They look great though and are my "veteran" Grey Hunters I (have to) use in every game.

But seriously, 5 pts for 2+5+... no contest, PAs for the grunts and ICs who joint them.

Gunther

The 5+ points it costs o ad Term Armour can add up.

I like PA WG. Always have.

I guess they are our version of Sternguard in a way. Plus a large pack armed with basic Bolt Pistol and Power Weapons aren't to shabby.

And they are a way to get a few heavy weapons into your army depending on how you load out the pack.

Mind you I think you loose the assualt goodiness with them this way, but it is still a viable option.

Especially when you used to be able to Master Craft heavy weapons.

Don't get me wrong, Terminators are sweet and lots of fun and I'd love to have more but the cost does add up when you add their wargear and goodies like runic charms and such.

However I do field 2 packs of Bodyguards in PA, one to acompany my Wolf Priest, one to Acompany my Wolf Lord. The one with the Wolf Lord also carries a Great Company standard and the models were a lot of fun to assemble and paint. I even went to the trouble of giving them all wolf pelts and the unique Space Wolf backpack form the upgrade sprue, it really makes them stand out in all their badarsery goodness and they aren't too shabby on the tabletop either. Great for moping up after the Blood Claws and Grey Hunters.

Archived