Am I reading this right? 2 power fists?

nurglespuss

OK,

SM 5th ed. pg 52. Chapter master entry:

Chapter master is armed with chain sword and bolt pistol.

Options:

Replace bolt pistol and/or chainsword with: 'X' (in this case power fist).

So does that mean he can have:

A: bolt pistol and power fist

B: powerfist and chain sword

& C: powerfist and powerfist?

Just trying to clear it up :>

Cool, thanks for that :>

Now on to question 2:

I fail to see any way for a chapter master in 'terminator armour' to take 2 power fists (he can have 2 thunder hammers but not 2 fists??). Not trying to rules-lawyer here but is there any way of doing this? I have my fave HQ model staring at me folornly, wondering why he's not allowed to punch with his 2 fists any more, and must use them 'hulk smash hammer' style...

ok... Codex Creep?

Seems a shame, not that I mind him having 2 hammers, justs fists fitted an imperial fist better IMHO.

Take a right handed fist from another model and replaced the Storm Bolter with it. It may even have to be a Chaos Powerfist from the Lord model.

OR maybe cut the claws off of a Terminator Lightning Claw, LCs are just powerfists with claws. (the model anyway)

why not just ask your opponent if he minds you having two fists to fit your theme better, just pay 15pts to replace the storm bolter for it (seems fair considering the hammer costs 5pts more)

or take 2 fists as per your model, but explain the count as Thunder hammers, but the guy using them is strong even by marine standards, so when he hits with them its like being hit by a dozen starships...or summit like that

ok... Codex Creep?

the feature set that changes from release to release of a codex, obsoleting tactics, models, etc... while introducing new features, models, tactics, etc...

i.e. the new dex is not necessarily compatible with your models, no matter how fluffly ansd legal they were before. sorry. and thunder hammers are quite fluffy for fists, lysander has one...

Archived