Sternguard loadout

WurrZog

How do you veteran space guys get around the fact sternguard come packaged with an unwanted (well for me it is) Power fist.

I mean I don't want to fork out points for something im not going to use. Should I just say he has an oversized hand?

or keep that AWESOME model, use it as a sgt or soemthing, and replace it in the sternguard squad with something a little more your speed. there are a bunch of great bolter metals out there.

edit: spelling

Well you can always tell your opponent before you play "Brother McAwesomeFist doesn't really have a power fist, he's just...awesome."

WYSIWYG is to ensure that if a model has an upgrade, you have it modeled. But you can always have the upgraded model and not take the upgrade.

Hey knock yourself out - there's no copyright on the dorky marine names I throw around

Chappy McJumpsAlot (chaplain with jump pack)

Punchy McPowerFist (probably related to Brother McAwesomeFist)

Brother Captain McAwesomePants (grey knights do have some awesome pants)

Sgt Choppy McChopsAlot (chainsword sgts)

honorable mention : Joe Space Marine (generic bolter marine, named so for when wounds are allocated to a 'regular joe' )

Yeah...there's quite a few Irish space marines running around out there.

Probably too late (you might have X'd the powerfist), but the knives in the tactical sprue work well for lightning claws.

I had a lightning claw wielding power-armored chosen back in the last Chaos codex do 3 wounds on a Carnifex with rerolls. Throw that sucker in there, at least it's initiative 4. :D

Archived