Drop Pod purchase?

Wolfbrother 999

Hey guys, just looking through my new codex and I couldn't figure out if drop pods can be purchased by themselves, or on the same line of though can you purchase the drop pod for a unit and deploy the unit regularly as to say with the rest of your army rather than DPing the unit. And if so would that Drop pod then be able to land w/o carrying a unit. Thanks for any advice. I ask because I was toying with the idea of DS empty deathwind drop pods for anti infantry like in the Damnos incident/relief of kellenport story in the codex.

Oh, and can drop pods fire the turn they come in or do they have to wait until the next turn .

The firing on landing thing has been discussed in another thread. Yes it can shoot when it lands. It counts as moving at cruising speed, so gets to fire it.

Only Fast vehicles can fire one weapon at cruising speed. the drop pod is not a fast vehicle. NO it may NOT fire.

No, no Power Of The Machine Spirit for drop pods unfortunately.

I does suck a little, especially as the (former) role of the death wind pod was to arrive 'before' the rest of the marine pods, unleash hell, and clear the way for the 'precious cargo' (it would have taken 2 seconds to slot deathwinds in as a 0-1 heavy support choice).

Archived