Tacticly needed blue boys

Important

I painted 5 of my unpainted BA to ultramarines since I am starting over with them. C&C please.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/betabetet/PA060024.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/betabetet/PA060027.jpg

I know there are alot of shadows but I bet if you look close you can see details there aren't that many of them. :D

The gold looks very flat. I would go over it one more time with shining gold (as it looks too much like fools-gold if you dont use enough coats of gold over a black undercoat), maybe two or three if it still wont cover properly, then highlight it with burnished gold. If you want to, you can give it one more highlight of burnished gold mixed with a small amount of mithril silver, to give it a very shiny edge.

The gold looks very flat. I would go over it one more time with shining gold (as it looks too much like fools-gold if you dont use enough coats of gold over a black undercoat), maybe two or three if it still wont cover properly, then highlight it with burnished gold. If you want to, you can give it one more highlight of burnished gold mixed with a small amount of mithril silver, to give it a very shiny edge.

a watered down coat of chestnut ink in addition to this will really make the gold pop, i agree that it looks too flat.

Thanks for the replies. I will try the advice about the gold. About he bases I prefer to paint full army or large chunks of it before basing. Because of this I can then decided in what kind of terrain / planet they would fight on at the time they're being built up. Now all I see is 5 marines out of 10 and when I see fully pained 1500 points army I can see the background and imagine them in my mind where they are right now.

Plus I have nothing good to put on the bases to make them good.

Archived