Icons for Raptors

Freakiq

I'm having trouble choosing which Icon to choose for my raptor squad.

The squad in question is 7-man with a flamer and includes a champ with lightning claws.

All of the marks have their merits: Slaanesh lets me strike before most enemies, Tzeentch gives me the luxury of not having to use cover which helps my poor Raptors avoid smashing into a wall everytime they enter a building. Nurgle makes my Raptors last longer when shot at and in combat but I'm still at risk from crashing when taking cover and lastly Khorne who doesn't care diddly about my Raptors protection but makes sure that once they reach the enemy blood will flow.

I've had good success with Khorne Raptors. Mileage may vary, however, as they do tend to die quickly if left in the open surrounded by scads of corpses.

My idea was to use them to get behind enemy lies and take out heavy support squads and other isolated units.

Once my berzerkers and DP has hit my opponents line the Raptors can join the fight wherever my army might have a hard time pushing through.

I've been using slaanesh raptors and I love hitting first, I do my damage, let them have their response, nearly always win the combat and then when they go to flee that extra initiative when charging down can make all the difference between missing and massacre

I go for Slaanesh. Sure you need to keep them in or behind cover, but I do the second for the most part. They rip up infantry for fun, especially with a Lord in the squad.

I'd bump the squad up one member.

My rule of thumb: If your Champ has a powerfist, go Khorne. If he has Lightning Claws, go Slaanesh.

I don't think that they should be used primarily for tank hunting- they're an assaulty squad and should be used as such. And I don't put much stock in IoN or T with them- the other two emphasize their strengths instead of making up for their weaknesses, which in my opinion is optimal.

IoCG - is the best in 5th edition....

Because:

-combat result....sometimes your raptors can fall back=)

this guys make many strikes, so khorne mark is not good....it will be better to add more raptors the mark of khorne...

But mark of Slaanesh and Champ with LC and 2 flamers in squad could be very effective too..

Take the Icon of Khorne in my opinion since raptors are designed for assault the +1 attack provided is invaluable if you ask me. I've recently played my raptors and gave them it and they performed admirably completley slaughtering a unit of termies with librarian! Death to the loyalist!!!

Archived