Worm_infested's Iron hands

Worm_infested

Finally made up my mind about my sm project.

I wish I was a better photographer but this is the best I can do for now.

The leg is made from a lot of different parts so don't ask me wich^^

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/473/pict0741jy9.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1818/pict0742ud0.jpg

That's it for now, more will come in a couple of days I hope^^

Thanks // Niclas

it's pretty clean, 'n the highlights aren't bad. Being a chaos player I never really saw much point in playing vanilla SM in comparison (just because I saw less opportunity for conversion...god how wrong this forum's proved me. x___x) but i always thought iron hands'd be neat to do because you could use all sorts of lil' bitz to make them all robot...y.

Or, in orkspeak...GIVE 'IM SUM GUBBINZ!

if you want an easy way to do the clan markings, then buy a whole bunch of SM rhino crew shoulder pads, and/or ravenwing techmarine shoulder pads (the ones with the adaptus mechanicus symbols on them) then file off the skulls and paint on the clan symbol (or use the skull as the clan simbol for an even easier job)

works a treat and is really easy to do.

also, the techmarine arms are good too. fiel the skull flat to the rest of the cog, then fill in with GS, or use the skull as the clan symbol.

love the first minnie tho, the base is also a great contrast to the rest of the model, and will look great en masse.

keep it up dude, theres not too many of us iron hands-ers around here

One of his hands needs to be silver, for are they not "Iron"Hands? In IA: Iron Hands it is mentioned that upon induction into the chapter a scout's left(?) hand is removed and replaced with a bionic, sort of to pay homage to Ferrus Manus, and partly because they feel the need to augment their bodies.

Anyway looks good, cant wait to seee more. <_<

if you want an easy way to do the clan markings, then buy a whole bunch of SM rhino crew shoulder pads, and/or ravenwing techmarine shoulder pads (the ones with the adaptus mechanicus symbols on them) then file off the skulls and paint on the clan symbol (or use the skull as the clan simbol for an even easier job)

works a treat and is really easy to do.

also, the techmarine arms are good too. fiel the skull flat to the rest of the cog, then fill in with GS, or use the skull as the clan symbol.

love the first minnie tho, the base is also a great contrast to the rest of the model, and will look great en masse.

keep it up dude, theres not too many of us iron hands-ers around here

Oh I will try that:) and thanks man:)

More will be painted tonight if I'm not to drunk of course:P

cheers// niclas

One of his hands needs to be silver, for are they not "Iron"Hands? In IA: Iron Hands it is mentioned that upon induction into the chapter a scout's left(?) hand is removed and replaced with a bionic, sort of to pay homage to Ferrus Manus, and partly because they feel the need to augment their bodies.

Anyway looks good, cant wait to seee more. :)

Is that so? I never knew^^ Sorry to not go the whole way, I'm not the best sculpteur in the village so a bionic hand will just look awful if I do it:P

Thanks anyways:) Will paint a couple more models tonight if I'm not to drunk as i said before:P

tack // Niclas

Well, you could just paint his hand(s) silver. As to the Thunderhammer, it just comes with the Metal Boxed set, no where in the fluff does it say that the T-Hammer is a favored weapon. I'd like to see a cog toothed axe, kinda like a tech-marine.

yeah, just paint them silver, thats what i do, if you want to make a true bionic hand tho, put a small ball of GS on the back of the hand, then put 3 lines on it evenly spaced from fingers to wrist, then one from side to side about a third of the way down from the fingers to make "knuckles". paint it silver and wa-la! looks fairly good too

this is the best pic i have of what im trying to explain:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0088dsd.jpg

or just paint them silver. according to the codex, both their hands are metal, this may be true, but i havent read anything confirming whether just one, or both are, just that at least one is cut of and bionic-ified.

regards weaponry, they dont have a preferance to a particular type, but the techmarines style axes are really good for representing their closeness to the ad mech, plus the look awesome, particularly if you can get some of the older techmarine axes, or use the older techmarines as sergeants to save on converting, again, just file the skull of the ad mech sybol to get your clan icon happening.

and ToyShip: you are right, the marines have their left hand replaced with a bionic version when they are inducted into a chapter to symbolise their primarchs living metal hands.

for making lots of marines the iron hands boxed set is the way to go, but the chapter icon can be very easy to paint on if you have a fairly steady hand. i can giv a quick tute if you want me to.

if youy have any more questions just ask, im more than happy to answer :)

yeah, just paint them silver, thats what i do, if you want to make a true bionic hand tho, put a small ball of GS on the back of the hand, then put 3 lines on it evenly spaced from fingers to wrist, then one from side to side about a third of the way down from the fingers to make "knuckles". paint it silver and wa-la! looks fairly good too

this is the best pic i have of what im trying to explain:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0088dsd.jpg

or just paint them silver. according to the codex, both their hands are metal, this may be true, but i havent read anything confirming whether just one, or both are, just that at least one is cut of and bionic-ified.

regards weaponry, they dont have a preferance to a particular type, but the techmarines style axes are really good for representing their closeness to the ad mech, plus the look awesome, particularly if you can get some of the older techmarine axes, or use the older techmarines as sergeants to save on converting, again, just file the skull of the ad mech sybol to get your clan icon happening.

and ToyShip: you are right, the marines have their left hand replaced with a bionic version when they are inducted into a chapter to symbolise their primarchs living metal hands.

for making lots of marines the iron hands boxed set is the way to go, but the chapter icon can be very easy to paint on if you have a fairly steady hand. i can giv a quick tute if you want me to.

if youy have any more questions just ask, im more than happy to answer :P

Thanks for the tip!, will try it:)

As for the chapter icon I have a mould in gs wich I have applied to some shoulderpads, it looks okey.

if your still not sure what i mean (which i whink you are) then have a look at this:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/untitled.jpg

the drawings on the left and right are 2 (easy) ways of painting the chapter icon. i normaly use the one on the left, but the one on the right looks good too.

the middle is what i was talking about regards the bionic hands, where the top of the drawing is where the fingers are.

hope this clarifies what i was saying to you earlier, and to every one else reading this topic :D

EDIT: here is one of my painted on chapter symbols:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-relk/warhammer/DSCF0108.jpg

EDIT2: heres a couple of threads to have a sticky-beak through

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...5&hl=g-relk

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...3&hl=g-relk

the first one is mine, the second one is by another member by the name of kikkala.

Archived