Troll as deamon prince?

Captain Malachi

For rotten armour, Ugly it up a bit with some green stuff then paintit camo green with green and brown washes.

Or for rusty armour paint it bolt gun metal, cover it in brown ink (not thinned) and then put salt on it before it drys. Leave it for a few hours to dry and brush all the salt off the metal and it comes up nice and rusty like below.

gallery_13401_1514_2247.jpg

It's good, but I think the wings are a bit oversized, makes it look small somehow, would probably look a lot better with a scale reference, looks like the wings are something I'm going to have to make sure I get right.

True, the wings are a bit oversized. I plan to make some on my own but I am not sure how. Maybe some strong wire maybe from a clothes hanger as a frame and some fabric on it.

• 2 months later...
I've been thinking of using a mordor/isengard troll from the LotR range with some wings for my deamon prince of nurgle, what do you guys think? And also, how do you paint rotted/rusted armour?
Check out this rust tutorial

Also, is what I`m asking against B&C rules?
Your purpose is to convert up a wh40k DP using a WHFB troll right? then you're good. If you're in doubt in the future (and really can't find an answer under the rules section), try PM'ing a mod as it is usually faster. We (sadly) don't have time to read each and every thread, I merely happened upon this one. :)

Archived