Summoned Demons and Counts As

Evil Homer

So, what exactly can you use as a summoned lesser demon? I have a 3 full units of Tzeentch demons I have been using for my Thousand Sons but was thinking (since I really don't like any of them except the screamers...) what else I could use. I would really like to put Tomb Kings Ushabti or Tomb Guard out there as demons but in some circles that may be considered a proxy...

There are no lesser demon models per se though I think it might be safe...same with the greater demons for that matter....

Thoughts or comments?

Thanks

EH

Mine are themed for my army (thus will look like angels) but that's just their deceptive nature. They're probably Furies enslaved to Tzeentch or something under all that angel-ness.

I've heard of people using them to represent ambushing cultists for Alpha Legion.

Daemons can take pretty much any form you want, really- they're made from the stuff of the Warp. Go wild.

alot of the core options from Fantasy work well I think.

Wood Elf Dryads as kind of Chaotic elementals

Zombies/Skeletons from the Counts section as lost/damned souls

And interesting thing to do would be to blend together Imperial Guard and Zombie parts. Create a summoned force of damned Guardsmen.

I use a squad of classic Vampire Count ghouls as Lesser Daemons, and also plan on using VC Wraiths whenever I pick up the models. I suppose that's one of the few benefits of the new Daemon entries.

Being so used to specific units of daemons, I was, at first, still pretty straightforward about my daemon units; but then, I realized I was kind of reflexively still bringing my daemonettes in for close combat and my flamer models in for "shooting" missions, then realizing that it made absolutely no difference.

I played a game recently where I ran a couple of daemon mobs- I used mixed daemon units; that is to say I had two really large daemon units that consisted of different daemons and some of my mutant models from LatD (not doing much these days, they needed a little action) mixed in. I differentiated the units because one unit had some nurglings in it, the other didn't. So an unit had plaguebearers, some LatD mutants, a couple nurglings, while the other unit had daemonettes, a couple Necromunda scavvies, some flamers... I actually thought it was cool after the first game; really, would chaotic gods care what messed up freak they sent to do their fighting for them? It was very random and seemed appropriate.

I suggest to do that; use whatever model you want (provided they have at least some sinister overtone), even if you use multiple types of models, it's Chaos, after all.

After looking up some pics for Yugioh GX (... stop laughing, that card game can bring as surprising amount of insperation) I figured I can use the generic Greater Daemon Rules to represent the plant demon Yubel. Its gonna take some green stuff, but gives me an excuse to make some simplistic lesser daemons. Point of the post is, as long as you can justify it, daemons from the CSM codex can use any model. And with Daemons, its not that hard.

I sometime use bloodletter models, other times I like to let my old FB beastman models see the light of day, so I use them, I think they make good generic damons, the models fit the stats quite well.

I think FB Ushabti or tombguard would make excellent daemons, esp in a T'son's army.

I don't think one could even consider that a proxy, I know I woundn't.

I say it would look great and right with the "Egyptian" theme of T'sons, do it.

I've heard of people using them to represent ambushing cultists for Alpha Legion.
A friend of mine who plays Word Bearers does this. He took some Flagellants, Threw in some Guard bits, and uses those as Daemons.

Archived