Rhino's and Razorbacks; Officially cheap!

Nightrunner

Well, with the GT heat 2 coming up, I sent in some specific questions about the SW's to Warhammer world. They have just recently released an FAQ, and so I thought that I would browse it to see what was down for us (if anything).

Linky to Warhammer World events

I was pleased to see that my specific questions, as I had emailed them, had been tackled. So, for me, this is how I will play these things from now on - if its allowed in the UKGT, I reckon I'm playing it right with my mates!

143. In the Space Wolves codex, it states that Venerable dreadnoughts must take vehicle upgrades from the Space Marine armoury. The FAQ says I take vehicle options

that are in my codex, from my codex. So... Should I use the SW codex's old costs, or should I use the SM's new ones?

Use the costs as listed in the Space Wolves Codex. The vehicle upgrade costs from the ‘Space Marines Armoury’ should be taken as: Extra Armour (5pts), Searchlight (1pt), Smoke Launchers (3 pts)

144. The English GW Space Wolves FAQ says that I pay the new costs for everything but Rhino's and Razorbacks. Is this correct?

This isn’t correct, the FAQ states that you should… “Use the points costs and rules from Codex:Space Marines for Dreadnoughts, Land Speeders, Attack Bikes, Whirlwinds, Predators, Land Raiders and Vindicators… The exception to this is the Venerable Dreadnoughts, which must be chosen from the Space Wolves army list.” Also, in the Space Wolves Codex, under the Troops Special Rules section, it states: “Certain Space Wolves squads can take a Rhino or Razorback as a transport

vehicle. Details of these vehicles can be found in Codex: Space Marines.”

So.... Cheap rhinos, razors, and dreadnought. Nice!

NR :tu:

Yeah, yesterday I asked to make sure and the guy running the event said it was ok to use the C:SM (and now that I have the FAQ printed up I can actually show it =P). The Rhino/Razorback thing seems pretty simple to most people but others (mainly those not wanting to let us have anything else) want to always keep it complicated and that is where the arguments and differences come up.

Please note these documents are not official GW FAQ or errata

Still, I'd say you're safe using rhinos and razorbacks from C:SM, just check the local store first.

Yeah, I know they aren't the company's actual FAQ's, but generally what is approved for the environment of tournament play I would surely let any of my opponents take in a friendly pick-up game. I always find GW's position on their own tournament and rules a bit confusing, but such is life!

NR ;)

iv just had a odd thought though taking a razor back from the new csm dex with twinlink assult canons ....the cost with be speced for the new assult canon rules im just curious which rules to use for the old girl the wolf dex or the newer rending rules

great find though thanks mate

Quite a change? The one in the back of the SW is for reference, and is often wrong.

Should I add that to the FAQ too?

Edit: Wait.. was already there. By Russ, does no one read the thing (or can bother to post their questions there)? Anyway, I further defined that yes, we do indeed use the stats for weapons from C:SM.

Archived