SOB VS eldar redux

mughi3

I was playing around with list tweaks for my SOB force at 1,500 and while i may have lost some faith i have gained bigger guns.

The revised list-

HQ

inquisitor karamazov

TROOP

1-2-battle sisters X10, heavy flamer X1, melta gun X1,

simulacrum imperialis,

sister superior with MC power weapon ,

book of st. lucius,

melta bombs

-repressor transport with dozer blade, extra armor,

blessed ammunition,

hunter killer missile, smoke launcher, light, holy promethium,

holy icon

2-battle sisters X10, heavy flamer X1, melta gun X1,

simulacrum imperialis,

sister superior with MC power weapon , book of st. lucius,

melta bombs

-repressor transport with dozer blade, extra armor, blessed

ammunition,

hunter killer missile,

smoke launcher, light, holy promethium, holy icon

ELITE

1-vindicare/culexus/eversore assassin

HEAVY SUPPORT

-retributor squadX7, heavy bolter X4, sister

superior with, MC power weapon, book of st. lucius,

melta bombs

-exorcist, dozer blade, extra armor,

hunter killer missle, smoke, light

-exorcist, dozer blade, extra armor,

hunter killer missile, smoke, light

FAITH POINTS-3

POINTS-1499

The list is WYSIWYG to what i actually have on the table save the imperialis(have sisters holding their icons to represent this.) since i bought most of it second hand. ive got the points written in to take the most expensive of the assassins, which gives me the option of switching out for cheaper ones if i want to play something different(assassins are so much fun to use).

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/mughi3/nsis1.jpg

The main event

Game-

.SOB VS infantry based eldar

.1,500 points

.4 objective markers, 12" deployment. SOB win first turn.

Turn 1

picture: just before the shooting starts-

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/mughi3/nisis2.jpg

For a guy that hits on 2s the vindicare was a sub par performer this game. he hit on turn 1 and wounded the farseer...and then failed to hit for the entire rest of the game. :)

However the retributors standing in front of him seemed to have stolen his thunder as they were rolling incredibly well. i spent most of this turn pouring fire into his dangerous long ranged shooters-reapers and D cannons. i hurt then but they refused to budge.

He returned the favor, but i knew it was coming, and act of faith saved the retributors from dark reaper AP3 death, and his lone surviving D cannon smote a repressor with the loss of 1 sisters.

Turn 2

I decimated some dire avengers, finished off his reapers(and the attached farseer) eliminated the D cannons.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/mughi3/nisis4.jpg

He assaulted me with what he had left of his avengers, i won one combat and held in the other. the warp spiders played with karamozov who promptly smacked them around, they ran but i failed to catch them. he immobilized one exorcist.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/mughi3/nisis3.jpg

Lucky for me his striking scorpions did not come in.

Turn 3-4

I finished off his dire avengers, smote all but 1 bike in the forground unit, Karamazov finished the warp spiders for the loss of one wound and then moved to box the other bike unit between himself the immobilized exorcist and the retributor squad.

things were going in my favor, with only the loss of a few sisters, a single repressor and the immobilization of a single exorcist. he only had 5 bikes and 6 pathfinders left on the table at this point.................then the scorpions came in, where they could hurt me the most.

:HQ:

the remaining lone biker died to a hail of heavy bolter fire before he could claim an objective, the other bike squad was reduced to 1 unit that ran(but they got the exorcists main gun before they went), and i managed to kill 2 of the pathfinders but they didn't break. meanwhile his scorpions were walking ail over my sisters decimating one squad an then tying up the other. at first it look as i would hold, then i lost CC by 1...making a LD test i failed horribly, even with a book of st lucious doesn't help when you roll and 11. and then i got run down in a sweeping advance, talk about a turn around. <_<

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/mughi3/nisis5.jpg

Turn 5

Seeing the end looming i started dumping fire into the pathfinders, but they just kept making those cover saves. i will admit however after turn 2 my exorcists were rolling like champs. i got 6's 3 times for number of shots from the undamaged one.

He moved forward with his pathfinders to claim an objective, he had to run them and got a 5 which was just enough to get there, anything lower he would have been to far away. the scorpions messed up the other repressor , but it lived. dice is rolled and game ends-

victory for eldar in a stunning turn around.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/mughi3/nisis6.jpg

I had 12 models left on the table, he had 10(11 if you count the biker that was running).

After-action report-

Overall i am happy with the way the SOB performed, in this instance a different assassin would probably have been for effective(like the eversore) to deal with his scorpions since my shooting was so horrid. i only had 3 faith and i used them all, but i have never had many faith points in this list to begin with, how ironic :HQ: , i think this build will be seeing the table a bit more often.

I supose that went pretty good considering how your list is. You have just too many upgrades in there to be effective.

My typical list at 1500 point would have:

2 Canonesses with JP.

2 Troop squads in Rhinos or 2 bigger ones on foot.

2 Squads of Seraphim.

2 Exorchists

and

1 Squad of Retributors with HBs or Large (20) squad of SoB.

I supose that went pretty good considering how your list is. You have just too many upgrades in there to be effective.

2 Canonesses with JP.

2 Squads of Seraphim.

2 Exorchists

and

Perhaps you misunderstood

These are all the sisters i have or will ever have. i bought this army second hand from a friend to get get him some cash. i already have a full nid army, a full tau army and 2 full dark angels armies. i just added a few transports to what i got. i like the upgrades, not only does it bump up my points, but i find i use most of them in every game. would a evicerator be better on my superiors instead of a MC power weapon? probably, but thats not how it came modeled. would a cannoness be useful? for faith points alone yes, but i do not have one, and i am not planning on getting one. so it is a non-issue.

Even though i don't have a power build for this list, i still have fun playing it. this version of it however is also much to my liking.

Melissia

i expect nothing less from a faithful sister such as yourself ;)

Right now my new drop pods are taking up my modeling time....and then i have to get back to my nausicaa kits...

:)

Nausicaa, of the valley of the wind? Kits? Do tell, I love that anime and graphic novels. So I am rather interested in these kits you speak of.

As to the bat-report, only having 2 troops for objective missions can be problematic. Especially when you have to use them to kill things as well.

My 1500pt list includes 3-4 troops choices. Just for objective holding. I'm also not a big fan of Karmazov, does he usually prove to be worth his points?

2 Canonesses with JP.

2 Squads of Seraphim.

2 Exorchists

and

Perhaps you misunderstood

These are all the sisters i have or will ever have. i bought this army second hand from a friend to get get him some cash. i already have a full nid army, a full tau army and 2 full dark angels armies. i just added a few transports to what i got. i like the upgrades, not only does it bump up my points, but i find i use most of them in every game. would a evicerator be better on my superiors instead of a MC power weapon? probably, but thats not how it came modeled. would a cannoness be useful? for faith points alone yes, but i do not have one, and i am not planning on getting one. so it is a non-issue.

Even though i don't have a power build for this list, i still have fun playing it. this version of it however is also much to my liking.

I do understood that that may have been all you got, but in those cases most people just play smaller battles.

Nausicaa, of the valley of the wind? Kits? Do tell, I love that anime and graphic novels. So I am rather interested in these kits you speak of.

As to the bat-report, only having 2 troops for objective missions can be problematic. Especially when you have to use them to kill things as well.

My 1500pt list includes 3-4 troops choices. Just for objective holding. I'm also not a big fan of Karamazov, does he usually prove to be worth his points?

I'd post them for you when i get them done, but it's not power armor so i cannot do it here . :)

at 1,500 points i would take some serious hits to my firepower if i spent it on more troops (if i had more).

Karamazov is kind of fun to play with but not all that impressive, he works better now that i realized he has a rosarius. :)

The one big concern is he has no immunity to instant death and only counts as T5 which means vindicators and railheads are a serious threat. i also which he had one more gun other than the melta. really he is more of an intimidation factor that anything else(how ironic :) ) for some reason people see the big walking chair and shoot at him alot.

I do understood that that may have been all you got, but in those cases most people just play smaller battles.

For our group that is a smaller battle. if we are putting less than 2K or not playing apocolypse it is a small game for our group.

:)

Archived