An intresting idea

Argon

Ok, I'll put this simply. I like Chaos for various reasons. I also like Baal Predators, since the idea of a tank with twinlinked assault cannons & heavy flamer sponsons is just too cool to resist. Sadly, only the Blood Angels get the Baals, which is a problem since I have no plans to switch to the Loyalists. My plan here is to give my Renegade Chapter, the Oblivion Knights, a Baal.

I know there is no way to justify this other than with fluff, so I made the following:

The Oblivion Knights are somewhat famous for looting their enemies after they have won a battle, especially if they're Space Marines. The corpses will be stripped of their armour and weapons, which are then put into the service of Chaos.

The planet Polonius was the site of a minor campaign by the Blood Drinkers chapter against the Oblivion Knights. During the Battle of Baldur's Canyon, the Astartes fielded the Baal pattern Predator "Fury of Sanguinus". A krak missile disabled the tank, rendering it all but useless for the remainder of the battle.

The Oblivion Knights would prove victorious that day, crushing the pawns of the Corpse God. During their typical post-battle looting, they came across the Baal, disabled but still functional. When Lord Kyton heard of what had been found, he decreed that it be taken and brought back to him. Ever since that day, the "Fury of Sanguinus" has served the Chaos Gods as the "Reaper of Blood".

You betrayed the Emperor! If your chaos traitor hands even touch an Assault Cannon, an eldar will pop out of your codpeice and smack his lips and scream "DELICIOUS!!!"

Remember to either make it expensive as hell, with no demon upgrades or, don't play Chaos.

The only way to really get a Baal would be to use the BA dex to represent your whole chas army (and nothing from the chaos dex). Using a chaos dex and taking a baal pred from the BA dex would not go in my gaming group and we are pretty liberal when it comes to letting people have alittle slack with certain things. I would not let you do it , not even b/c I think it would be overpowered (a pred that has to be w/in a few inches to use a flamer??), but b/c you can't mix andd match from different dex's.

But if your friends let you get away with it then that's up to them.

I agree with that, much like I am opposed to DA's taking a redeemer, you either use teh dex to represent a fallen successor or you go without... but I do have to admit, you put some thought into the fluff, good work on that.

I agree with that, much like I am opposed to DA's taking a redeemer, you either use teh dex to represent a fallen successor or you go without... but I do have to admit, you put some thought into the fluff, good work on that.

ok, thats it, where has this come from? using "teh" ? :) it sounds like something you'd read of some lemmings off a World of Sadcraft board, but everyone seems to be doing it :lol:

You betrayed the Emperor! If your chaos traitor hands even touch an Assault Cannon, an eldar will pop out of your codpeice and smack his lips and scream "DELICIOUS!!!"

RofLMAOl.

Remember to either make it expensive as hell, with no demon upgrades or, don't play Chaos

I dunno, a daemonically possessed Baal would be interesting... and by that I mean absolutely sickening.

But yeah.

no its actually a typo, I occasionally do it when im typing too fast and not paying attention to what im typing.... (I know I should have paid attnetion in touch typing class)

no its actually a typo, I occasionally do it when im typing too fast and not paying attention to what im typing.... (I know I should have paid attnetion in touch typing class)

oh, im sorry then :lol: my mistake, i swear im seeing this from some on purpose though, im now working under the idea its a conspiracy against the word "the"

.....but I do have to admit, you put some thought into the fluff, good work on that.

Actually I made most of the fluff up in my head in like 20 minutes. The rest of it I made up on the spot :P .

I have another question . Could chaos have valkirias with assault ramps . I can imagine my fast csm strike force droping down from the sky in fast and coordinated assaults [part of my fluff] and delivering a killing blow to the enemy while the seige part of the army takes the enemy down with their medus siege guns . my csm are a bit IW in fluff , but they are not IW, they worship all the chaos gods and have cults sects for all the chaos gods . save tzeench who sucks . They are also a very fresh chaos chapter , so sometimes they use the chaos termis [3man with plasmas] and sometimes not [in crusaders with thunder hammers and storm shields].

I have another question . Could chaos have valkirias with assault ramps . I can imagine my fast csm strike force droping down from the sky in fast and coordinated assaults [part of my fluff] and delivering a killing blow to the enemy while the seige part of the army takes the enemy down with their medus siege guns . my csm are a bit IW in fluff , but they are not IW, they worship all the chaos gods and have cults sects for all the chaos gods . save tzeench who sucks . They are also a very fresh chaos chapter , so sometimes they use the chaos termis [3man with plasmas] and sometimes not [in crusaders with thunder hammers and storm shields].

pfff... whats wrong with Tzeentch? :)

It's kinda like a guy in my club that asked if he could start using a hive tyrant in his Tau army, as long as he used an Ethereal. The fluff was that the Ethereal released good pheromones and the tyrant obeyed it's every whim. I'd say to you the same as we all said to him: No.

But at least you thought up better fluff.

It's kinda like a guy in my club that asked if he could start using a hive tyrant in his Tau army, as long as he used an Ethereal. The fluff was that the Ethereal released good pheromones and the tyrant obeyed it's every whim.

:angry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We would tell him no too but we would have to stop laughing at him and giving him

shi :cuss

first

We told him to stop being a whiny little @#$%^ and if he wanted close combat goodness then play his Tyranids, not Tau. But then, if you knew him like we do, you'd totally understand our reaction, heh. He'll whine that the table was screwing up his dice, thus his game, and that's why he lost. Lately he hasn't figured out how to pop rhinos with his Tau shooting, though he claims the dice. We just LOL.

Sounds find to me and in friendly games with your opponents consent its no problem, in apocalypse its totally fine whatever if I'm honest. I'm thinking of doing C:SM army for tourny use but if I expand it afterwards I would add a baal just for friendly use, because like you I love the look of the tank and my chapters history shows they don't like Orks in fact two of the three inhabitable planets in their home system are infested by Orks :D and lets face it Baals are there for ripping up orks XD

Lately he hasn't figured out how to pop rhinos with his Tau shooting, though he claims the dice. We just LOL.

Yes I could see it being difficult trying to pop rinos with str 10 rail guns and crisis suit with gods knows what attached, not to mention a reg firewarriors weop can glance a rino on a 6, and have targeting lasors (or whatever). I can see popping an armor 11 rino being a real problem, poor, poor, tau :lol:

A few words to help you all think.

Looted Carnifex, Looted Warhound, Looted Inquisitor (I'm not sure HOW that worked but yeah), and possibly my favorite. Looted Bloodthirster.

I can see it now, a bunch of Tau walk up to the World Eaters

"Hey, we need to borrow one of you Bloodthirsters. We just need him for this one battle, then we'll give him right back, we promise!"

ROFLMAO :P .

Archived