Iron Warrior Daemon Prince

Well, the wing was not too difficult, just time consuming. I started by taking several sizes of plasticard tubing and one plastic coated wire (all found at Riders hobby). The overall swept shape of the wing was done by bending the wire filled tubing to the desired shape. Over that I put a larger diameter tube and glued in place, allowing all parts to dry in between.

One the general shape was achieved I started fine tuning the wing shape, and then for the cloth part, I used cheapo toilet paper, and removed a single later (tissue paper works well too), and super glued it onto the frame, leaving enough "give" to make it look billowing and whatnot. I used a lighter to remove excess material, but had to be very careful. Looks good for damaged wings though. Then I added many many watered down layers of PVS glue to retain the shape. Roughly 25 layers later, I added 3 thin coats of super glue on the top and bottom of cloth.

The green stuff and cleaning of the connecting joints were just trying to make biomechanical look a little more fluid, some turned out better than others, but the general idea is there thus far.

As far as the bionics/pneumatics, Its basically chopping the limb and fitting plasticard tubing to fit and look like the istons moving would actually do something.

Not the greatest explanation, but I'm not very good at that. Hope it helped. :)

Followed the link from my Topic Thread on Perturabo, I really like what you've done with the DP, it gives it an individuality compared to the others actually available by GW. Definitely gives me some more ideas towards the project. Infact, the more ideas I get, the harder the project seems to be, but there's one thing I love, and that's a challenge :).

Archived