Why use deamons at all anymore?

MuGGzy

I last played around the time the EoT codex came out so I have been out of the loop for a couple years.

I just picked up a CSM Emp Children army that came with 24 demonettes, I was looking at the new codex and I honestly don't "get" why anyone would take Deamons anymore.

Is there something I am missing? They used to be tough and hard to kill, now they look like weak naked infantry that splatter if a space marine looks at them hard.

So please tell me why you use deamons and in what roll you have had the best luck?

*edit: and frankly :cuss would GW come out with a codex that can be used side by side with the CSM codex and give the identical unit diff stats in that codex. So I fight a Chaos Demons army and HIS Demonettes have diff stats than mine?? :cuss is THAT?!?

Advantages of Lesser Daemons:

1)Cheaper than CSMs and much cheaper than Cult Troops

2)5+ Inv Save, awesome against units that Rend or have Power Weapons (Howling Banshees) or are Monstorous Creatures, all of which are scary to basic Marines

3)They are Troops so they count as scoring, tiny squads of 5 Lesser Daemons are more mobile than a tiny squad of CSMs and can claim an objective just as well

and probably the biggest advantage is that they work as an excellant compliment to CSMs. Whether you are trying to hold an objective (summon Lesser Daemons in front of your squad to serve as a speedbump then rapid fire once combat ends) or trying to take an objective (Lesser Daemons are just as good as basic CSM on the charge but cheaper and the Inv save helps alot against the weapons that scare normal CSMs).

Loyalists have Scouts to serve as a cheaper companion to their basic Marines. A Lesser Daemon is simply a deep striking Scout with better WS, an Inv Save and Fearless. Chaos loses the Move Through Cover, Infiltrate and Scout movement bonuses as well as the weapon upgrades. Overall I'd say its about even.

Archived