Psycannon vs Shadow Field 2+ save in cover

drakkhenkc

Question came up this weekend:

I shoot a psycannon (ignores invulnerable saves) at a Dark Eldar character equipped with a shadow field generator (2+ invulnerable). The shadow field rules state the shadow field "provides a 2+ invulnerable save, but if the save is ever failed then the field is destroyed" (C:DE pg 15)

There was no disagreement that the psycannon would ignore the 2+ save.

However, the DE was standing in 4+ cover and failed one save.

Does the shadow field generator still work for subsequent turns? I said no, but my opponent said the 2+ save has to be failed, not the cover save. We resorted to a dice roll to save time, but looking at the rules I could see it either way.

by RAW teh field must take a save anf fail it to be destroyed, seeing as he was in cover he wasn't using the field, he was using his cover, of course you can just hit him again and watch the field go pop.

You know, now that I think about it, the psycannon would have delivered instant death when it wounded the DE, thereby making the point of additional saves a little moot.

But thanks for the analysis, everyone.

You know, now that I think about it, the psycannon would have delivered instant death when it wounded the DE, thereby making the point of additional saves a little moot.

But thanks for the analysis, everyone.

Not necesary, if the DE Character is a Haemonculus as he has T4 <_<

But Agree if the DE Character is an Archon. But the question is legal, is if the example would be with an incinerator instead of a Psycocannon.

Archived