First stuff I've painted in a while

Venenum

I had a bit of luck recently and was able to get a Coteaz box set on sale at my local GW.

Below are the henchmen, I'm working on them as a warm up prior to working on Coteaz.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

I'll concede up front that I need to work on my mini photography skills (lighting for photos, to much space around the model, and yes I know I need to get the Ikea furniture out of the background)

Familliar & Heirophant:

gallery_6716_798_24447.jpg

(yes i know about the spot of goblin green where it shouldn't be on the Familliar. Didn't spot it until after i had taken the photo.)

Acolyte:

gallery_6716_798_234817.jpg

Sage:

gallery_6716_798_60548.jpg

It's funny, these are models I would probably would never put on the table. In the past these were models i never really cared for. And yet, once I've taken the time to paint them i enjoy them much more. For example, the sage model, i never really liked it and I've been using Techpriest engineseers instead. But after spending some quality time working on it, finding and appreciating the small details.. I think at least one Engineseer is going to be staying in the foam for a while.

Anyways, just thought I'd share - let me know what you think.

Definitely looking pretty good. As you say, better photos might do them more justice. I always liked the sage model that you've now completed, and have used him for years. I expect you'll do the same. :)

I love using converted characters or very individual models as Inquisitors and their henchmen.

Also having bought the Corteaz set twice from ebay, I used the sceond hand one to create a radical inquisitor.

After reading the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies I have somewhat shifted from a monodominant mindset. :HQ:

The acolyte on the second pic was my 6th mini I have ever painted. The Inquisitor is #7 and I just finished him a week ago.

It is marvellous to see how much more you can achieve with washes and if you incorporate some hints from painting veterans into your painting.

gallery_30513_1645_484597.jpg

gallery_30513_1645_365502.jpg

Loving the henchmen just as much, I have instantly purchased the other Cherub models after receiving the first Corteaz set.

Nice minis there Venenum and Adoremus. I really like that Heirophant model, nothing like a big chainsword to show you mean business, I've got the same model. Sadly my whole =][= Lord and retinue is still unpainted. Something I should really get onto given how well they've done as of late.

I like the take on Coteaz.

Is that armour tin bitz, brazen brass, or a bit of both?

Thanks. It is in fact Tinbitz based then washed with brown wash. After that I used some dwarven bronze. After that I mixed a thin turquoise color to work as corrosion of copper in the corners of the armor. The edges and elevated parts were then highlighted with chainmail first and finally with mithril silver. And it was a lot easier than I thought.

Now I am looking for ideas to paint my second Coteaz.

Archived