Turbo-charging bikes in h2h have no extra protection

Brother DjoulZ

Hi guys,

I'm wondering what happens when you charge a bike that has moved 24ps because of turbo-boosters. BRB says in the opponent's next shooting phase, the bike has a 3+ cover save to represent the difficulty of shooting a fast moving target.

Now let's imagine that the bike has foolishly come too close to me, a merry BT player fully loaded for close-combat, and that I charge him.

Is there any rule that gives the bike some special protection, since it has moved fast ? Why would it be less hard for me to cut him in half than to shoot him ?

I can't find anything on that...

Any ideas ?

IIRC you do suffer a small penalty when charging a bike that has turbo-boosted (I would check but I dont have my rule book infront of me) but I believe that the charging unit will only hit on a 6+.

I noticed this "hit on a 6" but I also noticed it applies to vehicules only.

Well, then, it is officially easier to jump on a moving bike, wrestle the pilot off it, and chainsword him into dog-food than to shoot him down even if he was high-speeding moments before...

That's great, you made my day !

Cheers !

Just to make sure it doesn't get forgotten, in both 4th, and the current edition, turbo-boosting only provides extra protection during the shooting phase, so the old invulnerable save wouldn't have carried over into CC, and you don't get any penalties for assaulting a unit in cover (I've heard it argued) with turbo boosters in this addition. Unless its orks, whose nasty, smoky bikes, always leave them in cover, or something.

cover saves don't apply in close combat, "cover" does, as a modifier to the initiative of the attacker.

I see nothing in the rules for turbo boosters (or C:orks "exhaust cloud" rule) that forces a difficult terain test for the attacker or that places the unit "in cover", either, so combat does not suffer from the modifiers to initiative when assualting these units.

like frogstaff said - the bonus / improved save is (and was in 4th) only applicable to shooting.

Archived