Land Raider MAXIMUS

Sure, I can scratch build 'this and that', however, I would like to know if anyone has attempted this particular conversion before and what hints they could offer for the trim, decorations, and mural background.

There are pics in 5th ed SM Codex p123 and Apocalypse Reload p14/15

There's also a good layout in How to paint Space Marines p53

Oh THAT one. On the old GW French website, there was a Tut on how the guy did it...well. An Interview.

here you go

You owe me one =-D I want pictures in the morning =-D

Mural background was painted. Trim is plasticard rod. (if you figure out what he used for the eagle smoke launchers, can you let me know?)

(use google translator to translate that.)

I remember, the first WD I bought, that land raider was featured in it (2001?) and I thought it was SO cool. But I had just started, and didn't understand.

I'm going to do that design for my Exterminus LINK

hi ....

this is a nice and a project, relatively easy to realize.

i mean the conversion isn't that special at all, is it?

i think the conversionwork and building itself could be done ... let's say within 8 hours.

the paintjob's the harder part of it.

for the conversion ... :

i think i could do it. but of course i would try to make it much better tan the original one. ;) which shouldn't be to hard to achieve.

i mean, ... if you look at these wips you can see how easy, but efficient in effect the conversion can be done ...

-

link to wips

and by the way. .. : the eagle heads whith wich the granadelaunchers were converted came from the sm-seargent-spreu's backpack. ;)

-

imho this specific LR is just so outstanding because of it's paintjob and the murals telling a story.

=> if your painting isn't that good, yet, i would suggest building a LR that i by far more outstanding from a conversion pov and much easier to paint. ?! ...

=> does it realy need to be a UM-LR ?! ... i mean for e.g. dark angels with all their extremely gothic designs it would be very easy to do a conversion that rocks much better than the maximus.

don't get me wrong .... it is a realy nice vehicle, but from a converters pov nothing special at all. but for sure -as i've said above- a easy project to start with.

(but unfortunately also a project, easy to ruin when appliying only a avarage paintjob, because the originals paintjob is the part of it that realy rocks.)

(if you figure out what he used for the eagle smoke launchers, can you let me know?)

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it's simply the eagle heads from the backpack in the commander box mixed with regular smoke launchers (after you cut the middle pipe out, of course).

Archived