Instant Death and CC Resolution

Gentlemanloser

A question cropped up recently, where my Lysander -chop- -chop- Sicarius.

I inflicted 4 wounds, and he saved three of them. The last (and he was unwounded up till that point) killed him outright by ID.

Both Charcaters were with units, and when it cam to working out who had won that round of combat, I wanted to claim all of the wounds lost by Sicarius.

My opponent argued that I had actually only caused one unasved wound, so Sicarius' death only counted that one unsaved wound. If he had actually died by failing all his saves, he would have given me all the wounds.

But ID doesn't acutally cause unsaved wounds, so was agured coudn't be counted in the Resolution.

I would assume you count the total number of wounds he had left when he got instakilled.

Whilst you could read it as 1 wound = 1 save, I am unaware of anything preventing multiple wounds occuring from a single failed save (even though a single wound is the norm).

Edit: I have since noticed that the rulebook explicitly states all wounds from instant death are counted. See page 39.

And to be fair the other side of this , if you caused more wounds than it took to destory a unit you only count the wounds that were left.

For example , 2 man squad & an IC; in assault you cause 5 unsaved wounds on the squad and one on the IC. they did none back. the squad would have lost combat by 3 (not 6)

I would assume you count the total number of wounds he had left when he got instakilled.

Whilst you could read it as 1 wound = 1 save, I am unaware of anything preventing multiple wounds occuring from a single failed save (even though a single wound is the norm).

Edit: I have since noticed that the rulebook explicitly states all wounds from instant death are counted. See page 39.

I double checked pg 39. It agrees that you should get credit for all 3 wounds for the one instakilling hit.

Might be worth noting that it will be the number of wounds left, not necessarilly the total number of wounds.

Right but since the OP said "The last (and he was unwounded up till that point) killed him outright by ID" I am discussing that situation.

And you also mentioned this fact in your previous post. :D

Archived