SKRAAL!

L0NEW0LF

he mate, as always your models impress me!

Those bullet marks are great, and the blood as usual! , only one thing i would say, which is minor at that is, maybe add some colour in his mouth, but not too colourful, at the moment it looks like he has a black hole in his mouth :D . As i said very small point i noticed on an otherwise cracking model

I've got a project at the moment which involves white armour, can i ask for some tips?

- tal

cheers guys :D

the white armour is quite easy really...

i used a black undercoat

dheneb stone basecoat

badab black wash

re highlight with dheneb stone

highlight 50:50 dheneb stone and white

add some more white to it for final highlights

the reason his mouths a bit of a black hole is from where i cut the vampire teeth out (he was a bare korne bezerker head)

i agree i shouldhave faked a tongue but faking the teeth in was pain enough :P

here's a close up of the scars on his face (just coz i had piccys)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/lonewolf_dcc/sk4.jpg

Seriously awesome.

Great job, I particularly like the head on Skraal. The blood wounds are severe, but just short of overdone. I probably would have done something a bit special with his axe, but that's getting really picky. The fig is awesome.

...You planning to do any more of these guys?

- tal

very (very very) slowly working on a pre-heresy worldeater force in between painting my post-heresy ones.

so far i've got 2 others done (posted on here too)

as i said very slow going.

I probably would have done something a bit special with his axe, but that's getting really picky. The fig is awesome.

cheers mate, i decided to keep the axe as something std as the book doesnt mention anything special apart from some battle dammage (which i added)

Lovely mini, Skraal was one of my favourite characters from the books so far and I too have wanted to paint him

I think his face is great, you really captured the description of him well, i rememebr it was something like

'he had a scar running diagonally through his right brow, and a nervous twitch in his eye that gave him the appearance of being unhinged' (the unhinged bit always made me laugh)

Good mini, the ONLY criticism I would have of him is that he looks too 'ordinary', apart from the actuall excellentness of the way you've modelled/painted him, there isnt anything to make him really stand out from the rest of his assault marines (were he to be with them) Although I do in my mind think world eaters mostly shun the whole armour decoration thing, I still think he would have soemthing to mark him out as captain?

Either way, great mini, looks very gladiatorial to me.

i think the only real difference between rank on world eaters armour would probably be the helmets.

the world eaters are a very pragmatic legion and shun pointless ornamentation.

i was tempted to add more skulls/trphys to denote his captains status but it wouldnt stay true to the Authors vision.

Archived