Kantor. and drop pods.

BrotherZaah

Hi, I have a couple of questions.

I got this in a tournament the other day when using my Crimson Fists:

Kantors "Hold the line!": Sternguard count as scoring units - what for? Its says only troops can hold objectives, and SG count anyway as a kill point in annihilate missions.

Thus I had no come back. Now, to me the title of the rule "Hold the Line!" and the background of the Crimson Fists suggests this means Sternguard count as able to hold objectives.

But because it doesnt specifically say it anywhere I was b***hed at by some cheesy rules lawyer the likes of which you find at GT's. i despise this kind of play and this point, coupled with his constant remeasuring of my movement lead to me abandoning the game - I don't have time for people who see the game as an exercise in grammar and a chance to prove to the world how much of an *** they are.

Either way what does everyone think?

Also, try as I might I cant find "locator beacons" in the drop pod entry or in the vehicle upgrade bit of the codex. Anyone point out where it is?

Cheers

BZ

Scoring units hold objectives, not troops. You might want to point out to him, or anyone of the same opinion, that the mission rules say you need "at least one of your scoring units" near an objective, not "at least one of your troops choices".

I just so happens that 5th edition makes it so most scoring units are troops, even though not all troops are scoring. This does not exclude the possibility of other troop types becoming scoring through codex specific rules.

So it's not even about an exercise in grammar. RAW is clearly on your side.

WarpSpawn's got it on the nose.

When someone, ANYONE, quibbles with you about rules, pull out your rulebook and tell them to show you, with reference to the rules, why what you're doing is wrong. Unfortunately, this often happens during games, but this is the ONLY WAY to clear up misunderstandings. Especially since so many people are still hung up on 4th (including me). Most of us just scanned the 5th ed rules, half relying on hearsay, half on the pre-release rumours.

Rules lawyers who dont know the rules are bad, bad people.

Brother Gothard, I was the same way with version 4. i was messed up between v3 the v4 trial rules and the v4 rules...made so many errors....good thing that v4 sucked so bad and i didn't play it for over a year....made the transition to v5 much easier B)

but yeah on topic WarpSpawn has it right on the nose (which i've noticed he seems to do quite often).

Archived