Disembarking from a stunned transport?

Master Vandor

So I scoured the BRB and the forums here looking for this answer but have come no closer to finding the answer.

To my knowledge, no where does it say that a vehicle that is stunned cannot disembark troops. I remember 3rd or 4th ed it was the case that crew stunned effected embarked units as well but I haven't seen anything about it in v5. I hate using the argument that "well it doesn't say that i can't" because that usually means you didn't look hard enough. Could someone clarify this for me?

See page 67, "effects of damage results on passengers". Passengers may not fire from the vehicle in their next shooting phase, but are otherwise unaffected.

In short, yes they can. Interestingly, the restriction is only for shooting from the transport, so they can disembark and fire as per the normal rules for moving and firing.

Probably best if you just think of it as the vehicle shaking around, taking evasive action, possibly with fire points obscured by smoke and explosions and generally just not being a good place to shoot from. Once they are out of it, they suffer no such distractions.

Not a perfect explaination perhaps but RAW is pretty clear this and it does not always make sense anyway.

Archived