Pimp my Land Raider

metcalfedan

Hey guys:

Been attempting various types of tanks and stuff by using these pics:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;hl=thunderhawk

And came up with this WIP:

(started work on the body kit, will add a spoiler and other stuff sometime)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/metcalfedan/PimpedsallyLR.jpg

(if you can't read the text it says "Sallyz 4 Lyfe")

[EDIT: If anyone else has any pics of pimped raiders, please feel free to post them, I need some inspiration]

well, at least thats one idea down, lets hope more peeps do things with the designer, and I am still trying to find better images for me to make up the parts and that so I can post more realistic images and parts files for them, though that is looking like about a year due to financial issues

Well I hope some flamestorm cannons get made cos this baby will be really cool with those.

Hubernator, I'd love to do the two tone but don't quite know how, got the skirts and the spoiler sorted.

2 tone (flip) paint would be easy to do but (relativly) expensive. You wouldn't be able to highlight it either as they would never be in the right palce as the colours changed. All you'd have to do is go into your local Halfords (or equivelant large automotive store) and get them to make you up a spray can of the stuff in whichever colour you desire. Just got to hope it doesn't eat plastic!

Suggestions off the top of my head

Front spoiler = sweet-as dozer blade

Skirts = track guards with style

Rear spoiler = very optomistic that a land raider will go fast enough to require the downforce, but it should be uber-huge just in case!

I'm thinking: under-car neons are a must have, and the interior would need some special attention. Purple leather, 72"plasma screen, full component speaker system, several 15" subs and all the amps to power them. And chrom, lots of chrome: exhausts, pipes, bolters, trims and grills. Angel eye headlights, single wiper conversion, keyless entry and most importantly..... fluffy dice.

Al - ex "boy racer"

Ok dudes, heres another update:

(added carbon fibre, fluffy dice, a sponsor, bozer blade, and attempted a spoiler)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/metcalfedan/PimpedsallyLR-1.jpg

I'm now going to have a go at the flames on the side.

I was thinking of making a it a stretch buuuuuuuut... that would be a bit dodgy.

Next update:

(had an attempt at neons and turned the dozer blade into headlights, and I added a few things)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/metcalfedan/PimpedsallyLR-2.png

hey on a side note,

can i switch the sponsons to the front and bring the doors to the rear on a land raider. say, to give the flame storms a little more reach on the redeemer. fluff wise i dont see why not. rules wise i dont see why not. may be a good sportsman issue though.

the straight dozer blade wasn't quite what i had in mind, the front wing would just count-as in game terms. I'm enjoying the thought of this a lot, going to have to give it a go myself when i get a few minutes. Bagsy Dark Angels.

Al

I think you could drag the spoiler out so its longer. The lights at the front can be much bigger and brighter. Needs more bad-ass guns too ;) Plus more flames! :P

EDIT: Another thing, methinks the dozer blade should be more sloped. Maybe put some chains on the LR too :P Bling FTW :P

hey on a side note,

can i switch the sponsons to the front and bring the doors to the rear on a land raider. say, to give the flame storms a little more reach on the redeemer. fluff wise i dont see why not. rules wise i dont see why not. may be a good sportsman issue though.

Fluff wise it's a good idea. Which fool decided to put the exit doors in front of 10 foot long flame thrower? :rolleyes:

And it's fine rules-wise.

NEW UPDATE!

Added some LCD monitors, "pimp my ride style", increased the spoiler size and made some more carbon fiber areas. Oh and I made the headlight beams brighter and a decreased angle:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/metcalfedan/PimpedsallyLR-3.png

Next up: A proper exhaust with a muffler tip.

Looks like you have this thing pretty riced out, but if you really want to take it over the top you have to give it some alteza tail lights (the queer clear ones), make the wing super huge and aluminum, give it a ricey outlandish body kit that doesn't fit the stock body lines, a stereo system so big that the rear suspension sags, a fart can (those loud mufflers that the kiddies like - they think it makes the car faster) AND put some big ricetastic slogan on the windshield that says something like "Furious Stylze" spelled all queer like.

Archived