Flesh Tearers Dreadnought

Gomez

I first put this guy together waaaaay back in 1997, modified him with a Furioso arm in 2001, then added the buzzsaws and sarcophagus cover and greenstuff and miscellaneous goodness around 2002. About a month ago, I finally started painting him. I still have a few things to touch up and a rough looking banner to paint, but here he is - comment and critique are appreciated!

gallery_4958_1822_49730.jpg

gallery_4958_1822_30040.jpg

gallery_4958_1822_134323.jpg

gallery_4958_1822_95338.jpg

G

Looks fantastic man <_< The painting and detail work (scrolls etc) are solid, and the pair of double saws make for really cool DCCWs. Does he have a name?

I'm forced to agree about the chainsword blades, they look pretty tacked on and out of place to me, but otherwise he's great. Wondering about the astartes helmet as a trophy though, not sure how well that would go down really, unless it used to belong to a recently turned renegade or something maybe...

I'm forced to agree about the chainsword blades, they look pretty tacked on and out of place to me, but otherwise he's great. Wondering about the astartes helmet as a trophy though, not sure how well that would go down really, unless it used to belong to a recently turned renegade or something maybe...

Re: chainswords... I painted him to be a Death Company dread, and I always pictured him charging straight into tanks or other walkers, and I wanted something mounted front and center that would churn right into armor while he whacked away with the buzzsaws. I originally had spiky halberd-like blades there.

Re: marine helmet... If you look closely, it's got some pustules popping out on it. The rhino I painted for these guys has a few Nurglish trophies, so I wanted something here to carry on the theme.

gallery_4958_1822_17688.jpg

gallery_4958_1822_11269.jpg

11 years from start to finish? just kidding

Heh. You're telling me. I haven't played a game of 40K since 2nd edition, but I've been painting off and on for 20 years. I keep thinking maybe I'll get a viable army painted, but really I just take too long to paint, and I don't have that much time to devote to it. It's a bad combination.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I'll try to wrap up his banner here and post it ASAP.

G

Overall, I say he looks excellent. The modeling alone is definitely two thumbs up and you can count me among those that think the chainswords are cool. I don't know that I would have done the DCCW's in the bone color. That strikes me as non-metallic for a piece of equipment that seems like it has to be some sort of metal.

All in all, a brilliant piece of work, no matter how long it took. It was worth the wait.

Cheers,

Overall, I say he looks excellent. The modeling alone is definitely two thumbs up and you can count me among those that think the chainswords are cool. I don't know that I would have done the DCCW's in the bone color. That strikes me as non-metallic for a piece of equipment that seems like it has to be some sort of metal.

All in all, a brilliant piece of work, no matter how long it took. It was worth the wait.

Cheers,

Thanks for the feedback.

I debated a long time about what color to do the saws. The other blade weapons and chainswords in my little army are all that color, and in the end I decided to go with a unified look, realism-be-damned.

G

11 years from start to finish? just kidding :)

He looks good, one thing though, the saw´s lacks something, perhaps a little blood? :tu:

-Trajan

that sounds like the rate I work at...

Nice dread you got there, I also love the trophy on the side of that tank you made.

The chainsword tusks look kinda odd, but it's all good.

Very cool. I am loving the bone coloured saws - make's them look very different, and I also like the chainswords on his front. I can imagine him just charging straight into a Carnifex and chewing it up. Where is your sarcophagus from? I simply can't place it *Brain malfunction* and would love to do a similar thing with my upcomming Ironclad :)

Very cool. I am loving the bone coloured saws - make's them look very different, and I also like the chainswords on his front. I can imagine him just charging straight into a Carnifex and chewing it up. Where is your sarcophagus from? I simply can't place it *Brain malfunction* and would love to do a similar thing with my upcomming Ironclad :wub:

It comes from this guy...

gallery_4958_1822_22198.jpg

I hacked it in half, top to bottom, then filed the heck out of it to get it to fit reasonably well.

G

That is an awesome Dread, and it looks like something that would come out of a Flesh Tearers army. Hope you keep up the painting and conversion work, just dont make us wait 11 years for a model of this quality.

;)

Archived