Initiative

OrdosInquisition

I have a question about Initiative and how it relates to sisters.

In combat does initiative countdown, as in, do we assume in every combat we are starting at initiative 10 and counting down, each different initiative striking when it comes up.

If this is so, and lets say, I have a bunch of Initiative 3 Sisters fighting against Initiative 4 Space Marines.

The Space Marines strike at Initiative 4 they have their attacks then we count down to Initiative 3, if at that stage, I choose to invoke The Passion faith power and boost my initiative to 5, do I miss my attack turn or do I just waste a faith point and still have to fight?

If the answer is the first, that seems to be a decent way of dealing with creatures that have Without Number or the Sustained Attack rules if there is only a few left, any thoughts?

I think you invoke Faith powers at the beginning of whatever phase it affects. So, in this case, you would roll for The Passion at the start of the Assault phase, before combats are resolved. So the now Initiative 5 Sisters would go first, then the Initiative 4 Space Marines.

Yeah, when you use Passion you strike at an Initiative two points higher than normal, and the power is invoked at the beginning of the assault phase. A faith power that took away a faith point and cost the unit its ability to attack wouldn't be very useful after all.

Minor nitpick on Tyrak's post; the Divine Guidance and Hand of the Emperor Faith powers are not used at the start of the phase they effect, but all the others (Including the Passion) work that way.

Chengar Qordath Posted Today, 06:47 AM

Minor nitpick on Tyrak's post; the Divine Guidance and Hand of the Emperor Faith powers are not used at the start of the phase they effect, but all the others (Including the Passion) work that way.

Hey, that wasn't bad for a DH player who doesn't have current access to the WH codex. :rolleyes:

Chengar Qordath Posted Today, 06:47 AM

Hey, that wasn't bad for a DH player who doesn't have current access to the WH codex. :fakenopic:

Not bad at all. :wallbash:

I'd be hard-pressed to remember the intricacies of the special rules for armies I don't play regularly too; I just wanted to make sure the OP was clear on how all the powers worked.

Archived